What teat size?

Mummy~L

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Wondering if you can help me? Bobby is 8 weeks old now and still using newborn teats, Is this normal? :shrug:
If so what signs should I be looking for that he is ready to go up to a medium flow? Don't want to do it to early or leave it to late so any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! :thumbup:

we have moved to vari flow teats already as willow was falling asleep half way thru feeds on the slow teats.
she also kept doing this sucking noise that sounded like she was trying to get more out quicker.

if he seems happy on slow teats and is feeding well and not falling asleep half way thru id just stick to them for now
= 0 )

x

Yep I agree with above post. We moved to variflow as it was taking my wee one an hour or more to drink 4-5oz and he used to fall asleep as he tired himself out. With variflow he gets to drink it at a speed that suits him x

if he is doing well on the size he is at, not taking ages to finish a bottle, falling asleep or becoming frustrated, then no need to change for now. Adam has only in the last couple of weeks switched to variflow, and we've interchanged them and the size 1s since. and it's only now I'm switching totally to variflow and he is 17 weeks old. he was becoming irritable when feeding because he obviously realised that sometimes it came out fast and other times not so fast.

My midwife actually told me not to bother using the newborn teats at all as they take too long!! So Brandon has been on the 3 month old ones since he was 5 days old! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->