what temp should my baby be?

lucy_x

Mummy To Two Stunners
Reaction score
shes poorly, it came on around 7 and shes slept ever since...
shes so hot, he little mouth is hot and shes sweating, her temp is currently 39.63 and rising.
shes just had calpol. what can i do to make her feel better :cry:

I just asked my health nurse this question two daysago. She said under the armpit she should be between 36.3to 37.3 and anything over 38 is a fever. She told me if she gets over 39 and it doesn't go down with Tylenol to get her seen right away. I hope your LO's fever goes down and she feels better soon.

yeh, Final reading came out at 39.7 under the arm...
Iv given calpol..when should i be seeing results from that? (when should i next take her temp?...)

yeh, Final reading came out at 39.7 under the arm...
Iv given calpol..when should i be seeing results from that? (when should i next take her temp?...)

I just looked up calpol and I'm pretty sure it the same as Tylenol. The box I have for the Tylenol says it take about 30 minutes to make a difference.

Hun if it's not gone down by now contact NHS direct for advice, thats quite high for a little one!! Hope LO is ok!! x

I think its 37 hun. My lo has been the same the last couple of days his temperature yesterday was 38 so gave him some calpol which brought it down. If her temperature doesnt come down I would take her to the doctors just to be on the safe side. Hope she feels better soon x

its gone down to 39.1 so hopefully should stay down, Is there anything i can do to make her feel a little better? I will keep giving calpol at suitable intervals...

its gone down to 39.1 so hopefully should stay down, Is there anything i can do to make her feel a little better? I will keep giving calpol at suitable intervals...

Last time Ava had a fever we stripped her down and put a cool cloth on her. not sure of anything else though. sorry. hope she feels better soon and the fever goes down fast.

well shes alert, up & playing with a plastic wrapper so hopfully she will be fine by morning :hugs: thanks girls

Glad she seems ok hun and calpols bringing her temp down a bit (i find nurofen or ibrofen works faster and better at keeping it down for longer):hugs: I'd keep a close eye on her though and ring and make an emergancy docs appointment for her tomorrow morning to rule out anything that requires antiboitics etc!

**for future reference** take three temperature readings morning noon and just before bedtime and log them in the back of LO's baby book on a normal day where she is fine then for future reference you'll know on average what her temperature normally is (some babies have higher or lower temperature's normally) my LO's tends to be just above 36degree's on average!

Glad she seems ok hun and calpols bringing her temp down a bit (i find nurofen or ibrofen works faster and better at keeping it down for longer):hugs: I'd keep a close eye on her though and ring and make an emergancy docs appointment for her tomorrow morning to rule out anything that requires antiboitics etc!

**for future reference** take three temperature readings morning noon and just before bedtime and log them in the back of LO's baby book on a normal day where she is fine then for future reference you'll know on average what her temperature normally is (some babies have higher or lower temperature's normally) my LO's tends to be just above 36degree's on average!

what a brilliant idea! i will do this hun

Hey hope LO is feeling much better. 39.1 is still pretty high though!
I'dtake her to docs if she still has a temp! could just be something and nothing but as someone said.. Temp can sometimes be a sign of an infection in which case she would require antibiotics. Hope she okay xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->