What the hell was I thinking?

suzan

Reaction score
OMG, I am going back to work next week.. What the heck was I thinking to do this?????????????????????? :cry:

I dont really need to work. Dh's salary is enough. but the thing is that I got the offer from a high standard place in here and the offer itself is way above our expectations. I said that maybe I can sacrifice and do it for my son and his future. But what was I thinking? I have been crying for days now and we even checked his nursery oh my God, how am I gona leave my sweet lovely son, I am already heart broken.

I dont know if I can handle this :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

aww, dont worry. He will be fine. I think the mother is always worse than the child lol. Saying that though, I haven't got the courage to leave Colton. :( But, I need to soon, I need to get a job and put some money back so I can go back to school like I planned on doing. But, just think of it like: at least he will have some friends and other little babies to play with; especially as he starts crawling and stuff.
We dont get out much and I know Colton hates it. He will get fussy sitting here all day, and then if we go out (all our friends have kids) he gets so excited and wants to play nonstop!

Oh hun, I don't know how you feel, as I have this to come yet. Maybe see how it goes? If you don't need the money and you really can't stand it, then at least you have the option of being a SAHM. Maybe set yourself a time limit, then reasses then. Good luck babes x x

i know how you feel, i too have gone back to work because we were given a great offer.

dont worry, he'll be fine and you'll enjoy having the break (it does take time, but you will)

hand your notice in on the first day? i plan to not work if i can help it - these first years are so precious, no job is worth it unless i absolutely have to work for the money. if i can get by without working, scrape by maybe, i will....just got to let my boss know now...due back in november.
as long as I have a warm home and plenty of food and clothes, thats all I need in these first few years. We dont need that much. I know my child will have a better start to life with me than in nursery.

The thought of giong back to work is killing me too. Maybe give it a try and see what you think after a bit and then decide if you really want to stay.

I would love to stay at home... But it is financially better for our future at the moment to both have high paying jobs.

We own a house currently and could afford to live of my OHs salary, but we want to get a bigger house for the future, plus we want to have a college fund for each child we have etc...

I will miss Jasmine terribly though.

I may contemplate taking more time off for the next child, which were planning to start trying in the next year... Since we are planning on more then 1 hild it makes sens for me to go back to work long enough to get hours built up for matleave pay... ya it means that Jasmine has to go to daycare for awhile, but it means that we also have my income for the year after each baby is born...

Its hard... unfortunately in these times we are often forced to work... At least in Canada, its simply too expensive to live and be able to save for important things on one salary.

I grew up poor because my dad died when I was 4 and it was hell. I could not do that to my children. I want to be able to provide them a nice house and life...

wth my first lo i went back to work part time when he was 6 months old. i worked all day monday and tuesday and a wednesday morning. during this time, deacon went to a nursery on monday and wednesday, and was home with daddy on tuesday. it broke my heart leaving him at nursery but he was absolutely made up! he got excited when we pulled in the car park first thing, and cried when i picked him up and it was time for home. i did a lot of research to all the local nurserys to ensure i was happy with were he was going, and was more than happy with the one i picked. i found working part time was a good compromise, it gave me a bit of time having grown up conversation, deacon time with his daddy and other kids. it is hard to leave them, but really it will be fine if thats what you decide to do, just make sure you find good childcare that you are happy with, and dont be afraid to ask about things if your not.

:hug:

i have this to come too but i am confident in the knowledge that he will be brilliantly cared for, we will have the finances to provide him with a fantastic future and that i will really value the time i spend with him. try to think of the positives. like marchbaby said, i think the mother deals with it worse than the baby. you're a great mummy. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->