What things will you make LO yourself?

I have recently learnt to crochet so I'll make him/her clothes and blankets etc. I've already started on one pale cream blanket :blush:

Im probably going to do a scrap book type thing. Ill probably get my mam and my grandma to knit for me cos im crap. When i go on maternity leave im going to do a cross stitch picture and then add lo'd name dob ect once they arrive, I havent done cross stitch since i was a kid but used to realy enjoy it.

Hmm, I just thought I'll try to learn crochet, let's see if I can do little blankets... And also will get some material and get MIL to help me do sheets as I prefer to do them than buy them...

Hey girls, some of you have wicked ideas and quite a few talents!!!

I cant cross-stitch, I tried once and I just about lost my mind.

I so suck at crocher. I can rememebr that we had this class in primary year 4 , (typical age to amke these handwarmer, egg warmers and what not) and it took me nearly the whole lesson tho make a twenty loop string.So i wanted to know how I do a turn , but all the time she was occupied with other kids . so I never learnt that for sure.(I was even bad at doing these "friendship" bracelets. It had a lot of holes and bad knots in it xD

I knit Simon a baby blanket our of a really bright colourful self-striping yarn. I did it in mitred squares, so it looks like it's a patchwork, almost. It was very fun and calming to work on, especially at the end of my pregnancy when I was such a whale and so miserable!
I am trying very hard to write down impressions and events for Simon in a little book, and I am doing a baby album for him. It's hard to keep up with that stuff! Babies keep you running. A lot of it is in a box, waiting to be put into the book.
My mum went nuts and has knit Simon 8 baby sweaters to date!
I just found a baby sweater pattern that I really like, so I think I will try that for him next.

Self knitted Blankets are cool. My mother made a blanket and each row had a different colour of wool :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->