What time did you start solids??

Logiebear

Mum to 4 darlings
Reaction score
Because my lo was 6 weeks early she is not able to start BLW straight away and I put a thread in another section about what to do. I was advised that I can still do BLW but introduce slowly. As she was early she isn't sitting up yet.

So I was just wondering what time of day you found it most effective to start giving a little taste??

Hiya I started weaning alex at the weekend. I know it is early at 4 months but i could not cope with breastfeeding him every 2 hours night and day anymore!!!
He is a big bouncy boy!!

I started feeding him lunch time for a few days and made sure he was ok with it and yesterday i did breakfast and teatime with no problem and we have gone back to sleeping through

I dont think it matters too much, I would do whenever she is most alert.

I started Brianna early and just started her around lunchtime and once she was pretty used to that moved it up to breakfast and then around dinner time she had her veg. Used to be the routine until the Dr. said to give her veg twice a day.

I started weaning aiden at 17weeks cause he was needing it and showing all the signs for food and the milk alone wasnt satisfying him so my hv told me too start weaning x

I started weaning Phoebe last week just giving her baby rice in the evening when she has her milk, its going really well so I am going to introduce breakfast soon.

i was told to introduce a new food early in the day then if they are going to have any reaction to it , it will happen in the daytime and once you know they are ok withh that food i was told anytime of day was fine but best when they are in a good mood and wide awake x

I started Becky at lunchtime...then I added tea and lastly breakfast( the breakfast was last cos I was waiting for school hols so we weren't in a ruch every morning!!! :rofl:)

We started Darwin on cereal at four months - like netty, I was BFing him every hour and a half to two hours 'round the clock, getting no sleep, he just couldn't get enough food so the doc okayed starting solids early.

We found evening was the best time to introduce the solids, because that's when he's hungriest. He was cluster feeding every night, so it gave me a tiny break from nearly constant BFing!

Hello, mom...
I know that The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that babies be breastfed exclusively for at least six months. And one of sign that your baby ready for solid food is he have sit up and hold head up unassisted.:flower:

We started my oldest off at 4 months, since your daughter is nearly 6 months old, I'd think you'd be safe on starting her now, even with her being 6 weeks early. Most of all, she'll let ya know when she's ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->