what time do you all have tea at?

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
I'm just asking this as we tend to wait until Jacob is in bed to eat as he's very grumpy from 5:30 on and he's usually asleep before 7 so I don't get much time to prepare anything for hubby coming in at 6. I'm just hoping that when Jacob starts on solids that this will change a bit - as I do hope we can all enjoy mealtimes together but I'm worried I'll end up having to eat really early like around 4 with him then hubby will have to eat alone. How does everyone work around this?

ps if I hadn't been swung by BLW - I def am now after trying to get a spoonful of calpol into Jacob - that's hard enough without having to try to spoon a whole feed into him!

I feed Phoebe at 4.30 and she is in bed by 6.15, there is no way she would last any later than this so we eat separatly. We have our tea around 7.30.

do you eat something with her too? I don't want Jacob to be eating alone as I know this can cause big issues around food as they get older.

We have tea together with Theakston at 5.30pm then he has bath, boob, and is in bed for 7pm.

We do the same as Kitten, eat at 5.30pm with Aisling then asleep by 7.30pm latest. I used to always eat at around 7pm but doing BLW has changed this so someone can eat with Aisling.

I don't think not eating with LO for one meal a day is going to cause eating problems. As long as you sit with LO, which you surely would, then that's fine IMO.

OH and I eat too late for Ruby to join in. OH needs collecting from the station at 6.40pm and by the time we're home Ruby is knackered! So Ruby has her tea at 5pm. I give her a main meal at lunchtime so she still gets a wide range of foods.

At the weekends we all eat at 5pm.

We eat together at the weekends but during the week Myles has his by himself (well I sit with him obv!) cos he eats at four/half four and is in bed for 6 or half past and DH doesn't get home till then!

Sam eats his tea at 5pm and we eat ours at about 8pm because my husband gets in late and Sam is in bed by 7pm. I think its fine as I always sit and chat with him while he eats. 5pm is just too early for me to eat and I'm hoping that as Sam gets older he will be able to eat with us in the evening.

I always feed kaitlynn around 5 - 5.30pm on her own. Hubby doesn't get home until 6pm so we don't have dinner until after 7pm which is Kaitlynn's bedtime.

I'm just asking this as we tend to wait until Jacob is in bed to eat as he's very grumpy from 5:30 on and he's usually asleep before 7 so I don't get much time to prepare anything for hubby coming in at 6. I'm just hoping that when Jacob starts on solids that this will change a bit - as I do hope we can all enjoy mealtimes together but I'm worried I'll end up having to eat really early like around 4 with him then hubby will have to eat alone. How does everyone work around this?

ps if I hadn't been swung by BLW - I def am now after trying to get a spoonful of calpol into Jacob - that's hard enough without having to try to spoon a whole feed into him!

Try a syringe for calpol - thats what we used to used to make sure it doesnt go everywhere!

We dont eat with LO, even at weekends, we eat meals prepared from scratch, around 8pm, and i could not eat at 5, nor would i want to, as i would probably end up snacking later in the evening!

Hopefully, as Reuben gets older, we can eat tea around 6:45ish, but at the moment, his bathtime routine starts at 6:15!

We always sit at the table with Reuben when he eats, and we eat breakfast/lunch together (at weekends)

We're quite lucky that OH is normally home from work by 5pm so we are all able to eat together at the table at around 5.30-6pm.

I've heard great things about BLW but don't let Calpol put you off traditional weaning. We still have trouble getting Harvey to take Calpol from a spoon, yet he'll quite happily take his food from one.

OH and I both work full time, once we're home at 5.30pm lo is pooped and definately ready for dinner, bath and bed. Some days if she seems to be in a good mood, and I have a meal that is really quick to make, we have dinner together. We try and have an early dinner at least one evening of the weekend. I had hoped to have dinner together as a family every night by now, but we'll just have to wait til lo is older and going to bed a bit later.

DS has his dinner about 4:30/5ish we do try and all eat together but as we are not BLW its difficult as usualy means my dinner is to cold to eat so we usualy eat about 7ish when the wee one is in bed

Andrew is still only in the early stages, so he's having his main meal after his 4pm feed, I guess around 4:30pm.

We don't eat until he's settled in bed, which happens about 7pm.

I don't see us pulling our evening meal forward so that we can eat with Andrew, I think he'll be fed separately for quite a while yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->