What time do you put the stocking in their bedroom?

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
I have a nearly 4 year old and a 16 month old. I'm just trying to work out what time of nigh pt to put his stocking in his room?

We used to have ours on the end of our bed. He's generally a good sleeper but I'm worried that if we put it in at midnight and he wakes up, we will be starting our day a little too early! Even if we put it outside his door, he would still see it if he woke up to use the toilet.

I have always put them in the living room (the girls hang them up) but my eldest has asked to put hers in her room this year. I would just do it when i went to bed and hope for the best! I've had to play tooth fairy four times now and always put the coin under dd1s pillow just as I'm going to bed, and she has never woke up from it.

I get the boys to hang them in our bedroom as I can't hang them in the boy's rooms for safety reasons. They are both autistic and there are issues around food (putting too much in their mouth at once) and consuming non food objects it is too risky to lave them unattended with either food or new toys I haven't seen them interact with yet.

On the plus side it makes it very each to fill their stockings without getting caught!

Just before I go to bed and hope she won't wake up in the night!

I put my boys in their rooms when I go to bed so not crazy late. Last year ds1 (who was 4 at the time) woke upland walked straight past his stocking on the way to the toilet and then got straight back into bed afterwards which was great!

I usually end up going to bed late on xmas eve so I just leave them in the kid's rooms then.

I'll put them in when DD2 wakes up for milk in the night (probably between 2-4am) but I'll set an alarm for 4.30am just in case; I'm scared they'll find them if I put them in earlier and then we'll have to start the day at 3am :haha:

Thanks all! I think I will hide them in our room and sneak them in if I wake up early or get him to look for it and sneak it in while he's got his head under the bed! Orrrr, I could put it under the bed anyway! Just thinking out loud!

When I'm going to bed, I go in to give him a kiss and quietly place it on the chair in his room.
He never notices it even if he gets up in the night. Every Christmas morning he walks right past it into our room :haha:

Last year I did it just before I went to bed around 10/11.

Before we go to bed usually, she's never gotten up too early, she barely notices it lol. This year I'm not so sure, I'll probably check on her after LO has a feed and pop it in then. She's such a deep sleeper I don't think he'll wake her up but I'll have about a week to see how it's working for her

I'll just be hanging it down the stairs. I don't entirely trust the wee man not to wake up and start playing with the wee toys in it!

I'd be worried I would wake them up so I'll probably set an alarm for 5.30. I'll keep them in my room then move them outside their door.

This is how my sister found out Santa wasn't real. My dad put the stocking at th foot of her bed and woke her up....so I'm mindful of not actually putting it on their beds

Ours don't go in bedrooms as they would end up opening it without me too early. last year my oldest woke up at 3am i was furious and was a total grump all day so can't have anything in sight (he had saw the footprints i set out)

Never heard of putting them in the bedroom until seeing it on this forum. I leave daughters in the living room with everything else.

Never heard of putting them in the bedroom until seeing it on this forum. I leave daughters in the living room with everything else.

Same here! Ours have always been in the living room or on the staircase, depending on where we were living.

We have not done stockings for the kids yet (I know! Shock!) But we have had a couple of dirt poor Christmassas and now we are living with family and our Christmas decor (including stockings) are in storage. We are also at their mercy as to what to put out, ya know.

I put my kids stockings in the living room next to their present piles, I used to put it the bedroom when my eldest son who is now 9 was small but he wasn't too happy about Santa going into his room!

We put both their stockings in their room when we go to bed about midnight. Last year both our dd's woke up at 2.30 as they were so excited being 4 and 5 but the way we got around it was saying quick go to bed, there's stuff in your stockings but I think santa is still downstairs and if he hears you he won't leave your big presents, that seemed to do the trick until 4.30 anyway when we had to get up

Put them in the room when we go to bed. I'm not worried about them waking up and seeing them. They would not open them without us and if they did wake up too early I would just send them back to bed until a more sensible time like my mum did with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->