• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

I have been craving fish very badly, but whenever I google which fish I can eat I feel like the lists are all different and I'm never sure how safe they really are. My husband is very concerned about the amounts of mercury in fish and doesn't let me eat any at all just to be as safe as possible. So my question is, what fish are safest to eat and how much can I have of them? Thanks in advanced!

I have been craving fish very badly, but whenever I google which fish I can eat I feel like the lists are all different and I'm never sure how safe they really are. My husband is very concerned about the amounts of mercury in fish and doesn't let me eat any at all just to be as safe as possible. So my question is, what fish are safest to eat and how much can I have of them? Thanks in advanced!

Hope this helps!

https://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm110591.htm

I've pretty much had everything (except raw fish and alcohol) in moderation.

I've had lunch meat. I've had pasteurized soft cheese. I've had rare steak. I've had fried egg with runny yolk. Some people need to seriously relax.

I JUST found out I was pregnant and it was a surprise! All this after a girl's weekend... oh no! I had a few beers over the weekend and survived on tacos and bbq... I feel terrible! Any moms out there had a similar experience and can help calm me down? My poor little nugget... didn't know you was in there!

some studies have found that avoiding nuts during pregnancy actually increases the child's risk of nut allergy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/23/peanut-allergy-pregnancy/4144583/

Children whose mothers did not have an allergy and who consumed the highest amount of peanuts or tree nuts - which was five times a week or more - had the lowest risk of developing an allergy to the food.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270605.php

In fact, when women ate nuts more than five times a month during pregnancy, their kids had markedly lower risk of nut allergies compared to kids whose mothers avoided nuts, researchers found.

https://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/23/us-pregnant-women-peanuts-idUSBRE9BM0T620131223

Doctors used to recommend that women steer clear of peanuts while pregnant and nursing, out of concern they might lead to allergies in children. But now a new study provides evidence of the opposite - that eating nuts during pregnancy can protect against allergies.

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-st...-child-food-allergies-study-article-1.1557394

Is anyone else not planning to "avoid" certain foods? Aside from alcohol and caffeine (with the exception of the occasional tea), I don't plan to cut anything out of my diet. Everything in moderation.

Hey girls, I have to admit I didn't read all 23 pages but enough to hear the nut controversy. I've never read or seen anything about avoiding nuts. However my doc did give me a list of eat and don't eat foods. High protein nuts were at the top of the EAT list. As a matter of fact when I couldn't eat in first tri, doc said to snack on almonds, pistachios, and other healthy nuts (along with cheddar and ww crackers) get the needed protein and fiber that I wasn't getting due to ms.
there are so many different guidelines out there, basically follow Dr orders and eat fruits, veggies, lean meat, and dairy for a well balanced healthy diet and pregnancy.

I've pretty much had everything (except raw fish and alcohol) in moderation.

I've had lunch meat. I've had pasteurized soft cheese. I've had rare steak. I've had fried egg with runny yolk. Some people need to seriously relax.

Can't agree more. I eat everything too. I hate uncooked meat anyway so I haven't changed my diet.
I see the point in some stuff these days that can give you a mc. But it was never proven really and I don't see the point why you should do without it the whole pregnancy.

Thanks for this list!

Anyone know if Natto is safe? I've been reading it is.. but I just wanted to compare notes. :)

I found (so far on both my pregnancies) that spicy food DOES NOT end well!!! It's much desired/craved going in, but coming back out is painful in many ways. I get trapped gas and a painful combination of constipation-diarrhea.

Hello,
Thanks For sharing such informative information here . Really very much informative.

I have been and will be eating anything I want in moderation. That would include alcohol, but I'm not a drinker anyway. If I do, I'll likely be nursing a glass of wine over the course of a few hours.

I don't drink coffee, but I do like my black tea with milk every morning.

I don't like pop or energy drinks, so I'm okay there too.

I'm confused...Google told me feta wasn't allowed because it's a moist cheese that can harbour bacteria such as listeria...??🤔 This is #4 for me but I've only gotten into feta recently so never questioned it in previous pregnancies!

Thanks,For sharing these beautiful health conscious tips ,It helps in pregnancy a lot.

With my oldest and second I was more strict.... No sushi or poke or sashimi... Which was my fav that I ate usually a few times a week before pregnancy... My 3rd I was over it.. I drank coffee in moderation and ate poke and sashimi ... My baby turned out just fine:) With this baby I crave and eat bloody steak, runny eggs, raw fish (poke) but no coffee lol. Everyone's different:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"