What to and what not to eat during pregnancy

can i have the cheese in dairy lea dunkers?? really craving them but didnt wanna risk it! xxx

I think you should be fine with the Monte Cristo, Mrs. Stutler. A place like Disney wouldn't mess around with anything unpasturized to avoid a possible food poisoning scandal and being heated to a melting point (when it's already very thin), will be extra safe.

in sweden they advise you against eating any fish from the baltic sea as they have high levels of murcury

that's so useful!! i've read other lists of foods to avoid and there not so detailed but this one really was. :)
at least i know now that my craving for feta cheese isn't doing any harm to my lil 1
:D

Hi! Would you know if it is okay to have sweetener instead of sugar if you are pregnant?

Hi! Would you know if it is okay to have sweetener instead of sugar if you are pregnant?

Different sources say different things. Apparently during pregnancy limited sugar is safer than sweeteners, because most sweeteners seem to cross into the placenta. :-\ I used to be a Splenda addict...but I've seen a lot of articles that say how unhealthy that is for baby. :( Aspartame is apparently even worse.

countrymama you can by capsules from pharmacy or supermaket. Pregnacare do a miltivit with it in pregnacare plus

I about kicked myself the other day; I've been trying 'alternate', somewhat healthier sodas (if that's possible) to help keep me off Diet Coke. I'm drinking an Fresca the other day and realize it has aspartame in it! Urgh! So much for trying to make healthier choices!
Guess I'm sticking to flavored sparkling water!!!

I about kicked myself the other day; I've been trying 'alternate', somewhat healthier sodas (if that's possible) to help keep me off Diet Coke. I'm drinking an Fresca the other day and realize it has aspartame in it! Urgh! So much for trying to make healthier choices!

flavored sparkling water is so healthy.. I always try to drink it instead of soda...

is it okay to drink chai latte? I love my keurig k-cup chai latte and im having one now... only had 2 cups this whole month.. this is my second... as im scared its bad. Im 5 weeks pregnant. I need to know so I don't harm my baby and throw it away!!

is it okay to drink chai latte? I love my keurig k-cup chai latte and im having one now... only had 2 cups this whole month.. this is my second... as im scared its bad. Im 5 weeks pregnant. I need to know so I don't harm my baby and throw it away!!

I think that's totally fine. The American Pregnancy Association says you can have 150-300 mg of caffeine a day during pregnancy.
(https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/caffeine.html)

Though because you're so early in pregnancy I'd probably be extra-cautious, but that's me.

I think that's totally fine. The American Pregnancy Association says you can have 150-300 mg of caffeine a day during pregnancy.
(https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/caffeine.html)

Though because you're so early in pregnancy I'd probably be extra-cautious, but that's me.

thanks!!:hugs:

Charm X[/quote]

Yeah Brie, Stilton and blue cheese are to be avoided, I have had lots of pizza too :D [/QUOTE]

I was told brie is fine as long as its cooked, as the bacteria is killed then. Am i wrong? Have been having hot brie and chicken wraps because food is still a major problem :shrug: 20 weeks tomorrow :happydance:

This article is very helpful. I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant and the doctor just told me I can eat anything. Haha!

i have read something about deli meat also.. cant remember where... has anyone else heard this?

The info I was given was deli meat and hot dogs are fine if they've been thoroughly heated.

the sushi issue actually kind of confuses me. I understand no raw sushi... but what about cooked sushi (not all of it's raw). As long as it's cooked shouldn't small amounts be fine?

I need to remember to ask my midwife about it.

try mixing juice and club soda. I heard about this recently and want to try it. I just need to get some club soda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->