What to do about early pregnancy thrush?

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
I had it a few weeks ago and took the one off tablet but I know that's not pregnancy safe.

Pessaries and creams sound really disgusting to me to be putting up there- are they really that bad?! I've heard they are really messy and uncomfortable to feel it oozing out.

Are there any other options? It's not too bad just a bit of an itch but should get on top of it now.

Thank you xx

I had bv last week and found out I was preggers yesterday. I've had a clove of garlic up there for a few days and it cleared up no problem (change them out daily). I've heard it works great with yeast infections as well. GL!!

The doctor prescribed duflocan for me. Had to use it 2 times a week, but the lower dose.

I had thrush in early pregnancy with ds1 & 2 - I used the pessary and can't remember how it felt so probably fine. I also used the cream which was really soothing. I now always use the cream after a few days if I get antibiotics as they always trigger thrush since I had that first episode whilst preg with ds1

I have a docs appointment tues so I might wait and ask him, thanks girls!

I think thats what made me think I might be pregnant lol I only ever got thrush when taking antibiotics but I got it a week before I found out i was pregnant just used the canesten cream (which you don't put up there lol) you just put it around it lol and it cleared up in a couple days x

The doctor prescribed duflocan for me. Had to use it 2 times a week, but the lower dose.

This is what I took a few weeks ago it says not safe in pregnancy though?

There is another lady on the board that also used this whilst being pregnant and she explained that as long as you don't take more than 150mg a day then it's fine. I guess it's same with antibiotics, but when you have a bad infection then you need to out weight your options when it gets harmful for the baby. At the time the doctor prescribed it I already tried the creams and it didn't help me. If the saver remedies don't help then you need to get it stopped before it gets out of hand since it can get worse.

Here is the link to our convo:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/2061013-love-my-doctor-good-yi.html

Just for more info

and this one

Sorry for all the info. :blush:

I got thrush at 6wks in my first pregnancy. I went to chemist and he gave me a canesten pessary. I put it in before I went to sleep and worked over night - cream sooths the itchiness if you have that too. Don't leave it - it will only get worse. X

I have only ever had it once -when preg with my son, but then I had it at ov time and grinned and beared it and now I'm pregnant! The tablet seemed to clear it up but soon as I got pregnant it came back.

I struggled for a month and tried two different creams and think this is why he prescribed me more tablets. It's luckily gone now. I just keep up with including yogurt in my diet now. You can try honey as well in your tea. Sort of to fight it off the natural way and try to prevent it.

Hi,

I had thrush early on in my 1st pregnancy - I went to the gp who said cream was ok. He prescribed the pessary but said not to use the applicator that comes with it as this will push it quite high up and closer to your cervix (which he explained, you don't want to agitate during pregnancy) instead to insert manually. You're always advised to insert before bed time. I have always had a pantyliner in my underwear the day after as you do get a chalky residue coming out a bit, but once this has come out generally that's it - And hopefully no more thrush!
He also advised to use the cream regularly throughout the day even if I didn't feel the itch as it isn't just to soothe, it actually helps get rid of it too.

Hope this helps and it goes away!

I ended up at the docs on Friday with a suspected uti, I just felt uncomfortable down there, some cramping too, scratchy feeling in my cervix anyway turned out to be thrush! I felt like such a fool,
I had no itching and hadn't had thrush in over 10 years, so didnt suspect it at all, I thought it was usual pregnancy discharge I was loosing!
I had to use the canesten cream, it does feel horrid the next day ozzing out I just put a panty liner on with it, it's not too bad.

Hi hun,

How you are today?

Last night and this morning I've had a bit of pink cm I'm guessing its the thrush (here's hoping)
I used the cream last night but my LB had a horrendous nights sleep so I was up a few times and of course went to the loo so lost alot of it! I didn't use the applicator just my finger as I have a very sensitive cervix (bleed badly after paps)

You must be exhausted! Hope pink cm goes away as well as the thrush...

x

Ive been a OB nurse and a Er nurse as of currant, The cream is ok to take and can be very soothing as well. Just put it in at night this way it stays in longer and really doesnt leak much.....put a pad on just encase ...its not really messy and really does help. Its safe just only go halfway with it not all the way up....:)

feel better hun, oh yea if you can get ahold of a pro biotic, it will help with possibly stomach problems if you have them and as well as help keep thrush and bv away :) there safe for pregnancy also...weird that your doctor didnt suggest that in the first place as its one of the safest things to take and help keep these infections away. you can run both by your doctor is that makes you feel better..:)

either way hun feel better...

something that personally always helped me was putting some vinegar in a warm not hot bath....:)

ps i promise im not saying my profession as a boast, just letting you know since I do this, this is what is common in the places I work...that is all..
so i hope i didnt offend anyone when i say that...(((hug)))

the blood would be from the infection...

feel any relief today?

i as well bleed after paps,,,...:(

Justhoping - vinegar in the bath has helped me in the past too :winkwink:

Feeling a bit better today I think it was especially irritated last night as I worked yesterday, I had one wipe of pink cm at 5am and nothing when I peed again at 8 and 9. Argh I was gonna get a probiotic and just went to the chemist and forgot!

The thing is I don't have the "cottage cheese" discharge i keep reading is thrush, just itching, swelling and feeling "raw", and when I wipe myself it feels like immense relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->