What to do if OH has cheated?

Confusing

Reaction score
I'm absolutely heartbroke. I'd always had a feeling about him and this girl. He always said I was mental for thinking so and to believe what I want. Wesaid when we first got together we would never cheat on anyone because we had both just come ouy of long term relationships where we had been cheated on. It wasnt until today that I said im going to get intouch with the girl to find out when he said I kissed her before we got togetjer but this occasion was actually when wed been together a month and hed invited her round to his to tslk about me and him. How wasnt we together? I dont know what to do im stupid for finding out but had to know. Im emty inside i have no money and no family to stay at. What can i do? Im 9 weeks pregnant and feel lost and just hysterical weve only been togethrr a year and a half and he made it clear from the start that i was the one all he wanted was a family and to settle down. :(

My DH cheated on me through a very rough patch in our relationship about 5 years ago. ( we had already been together 5 years at that point ) we broke up for a few days but I love him so very much and I truly believe in 2nd chances and he has been faithful ever since and we are married with two kiddies and another baby on the way.
I forgave him but ill never forget and if he ever did it again I'd kick his sorry arse out.
Do what you feel you need to do :hugs:

I really can't imagine what you must be going through.
I've always been paranoid my DH may cheat on me, it started when I was pg with our DD and I got really big, it's stayed with me ever since but deep down I know he wouldn't as if he did I would have to seriously consider what our marriage is worth.
no one can tell you what you should do, you need to look deep inside yourself and do what is best for you and your baby xoxo

I am so sorry :hugs: I do know how you're feeling because my OH has a cheating problem. Many people don't understand why, but I've decided to stay with OH and we've decided to try to work it out. It's so different when it's actually happening to you as opposed to what you think you'd theoretically do if someone cheated on you. I think most people think, in theory, that if their man cheated on them, they'd be super strong and tell him to leave or just leave themselves, as if it is really easy. It's actually more complicated than that sometimes when you're in the situation. For instance, in mine, I'm 8,000 miles away from friends and family and I'm living in a totally different country with a totally different culture. That alone was enough to make me want to work it out with him because if I called it off and went back home, that's quite a lot of money and distance if I changed my mind. Now that I'm pregnant, I want to work it out with him even more.

Of course, it is an intensely personal decision that you must make for yourself whether or not you want to try to work through it. You have to look at what is best for you and for the baby at this stage. If that is going and finding a friend to put you up for a while as you figure out what to do next, as difficult as it is, try to work towards making that happen. If it's dragging your boyfriend to some type of mediator (like I did, at our church) or counselor, do that. In my opinion, not EVERY cheater is always a cheater. I really have seen it happen where some guy or girl who was totally promiscuous suddenly snaps out of it and settles down. It takes a bit of time and the person HAS to be willing to change. It's like quitting smoking - you can't MAKE someone quit smoking. It would work in the short term but in the long run, if it wasn't their decision, they'd just go right back to smoking, and I think that's what happens a lot of the time with cheating and that's why there's that saying "once a cheater always a cheater." You can't ENFORCE on someone that they must change. You can only have a candid conversation with him and ask him whether or not he wants to change. If he wants to, then you at least have something to work with there. If he doesn't want to or doesn't see how he can, then there's not much there to work with. That's the key that helped me decide I wanted to stay and work it out.

There's the matter of making sure your boyfriend acknowledges that it is not just you any longer, it is you and BABY, to take into consideration with actions like his. He said he only kissed (which is ATROCIOUS enough) but if he were to ever do more, and then have sexual relations with you again, he'd be putting you AND the baby at risk for STI's. This is a conversation I had with my OH once I discovered I am pregnant. Your boyfriend needs to hear this because it's not something that might occur to him. You have to make sure you protect yourself and your baby's health and well-being, so this is a talk that really needs to be had. Hopefully kissing is all that happened and will never repeat, but it's still worth it to have this talk. (Also when I say hopefully kissing is all that happened I do recognize how devastating kissing is, I'm just saying above and beyond kissing, like sexual encounter that could expose you all to STI's.)

Sorry this is getting so long, I just know how much this situation sucks. It is not easy. It makes you feel so isolated and alone and hurt and like you have no where to go. My best advice would be to get somewhere that you can feel safe and relax and get your mind off of it because you can't really come to rational conclusions when you're in an irrational situation that is making you upset, because it will just cloud your judgement. Also it's important for you to relax for baby's sake because high stress is not good for your baby. So it's really, really, really, really important that you find a place to go take a walk, go take a bath, go watch a movie, go see a friend, do something that takes your mind off of the situation or at least makes you LESS UPSET, because only then will you be able to look at the situation, weigh the pro's and con's, and come up with a constructive plan that will help you survive better.

I am so sorry this happened. Communication solves more problems than you can shake a stick at, it really does. Even when it feels like you want to communicate LESS, you should communicate MORE. Just make sure that you try to stay calm and level-headed when you talk because as tempting as it will be to scream and cry at your boyfriend, a) that's not going to help anything and b) again, that is going to harm your baby. I hope that you are able to come to a decision in your own mind and from that point you'll be able to figure out a clear path of action.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me! :hugs:

Thank you so much for your responses everyone. And thank you Skywalker you made some amazing points and i'm really sorry that you have gone through it too x I personally don't think I can give a second chance because he'd called me mental all along for even thinking it. Since the pregnancy he won't communicate at all anyway so I don't think there is much worth in trying. I haven't screamed, just cried. That is really crappy that your friends and family are so far yoo. :( my friends have all been distanced andwouldnt be able to turn to them eitjer. But hearing what everyone has to say has opened my eyes i just need to get out of here, thank you all x

I was cheated on in two relationships. We tried in both to make it work. I felt so betrayed abpnd hurt that I ended them both after a few months of trying. Trust is the foundation of any relationship.

In my opinion, if someone cheats on you, they don't care about you.
I could never trust someone after that.

But I hope you find the solution to your problem :hugs:

It sounds like u have made up your mind. I think u r doing the right thing getting some space and putting some distance behind u. What message would u b sending out to him if u stayed and tried to make it work? He'd think that he could do it again cos in reality, if u found out, u'd take him back after a few tears.

i honestly believe that u need to move out and not let him know where u r or how to contact u. Only once he has had some time with zero contact from u, will he truely reflect on what he has done. He'll mayb then realise what a f**k up he's made and beg u for another chance. What u do then is up to u but he has to know there r consequences for his actions and that u r no push over.

i was cheated on in a previous relationship. It almost destroyed me and that is why it is so easy for me to say... move out & get some head space.

My DH would never cheat on me but we r both under no illusions, either one of us cheated and there would b no going back. Neither of us would but its a rule we've had from start.

I hope u find happiness at the end of all this and if u do decide he's worth another chance, at least u will have had time on your own to reflect on how u feel xx

I cant stand cheaters , big turn off so I learned to avoid dating them, mind you it took me a loooong time , and finally met a non cheater at age 31 after many cheaters. I married him and I couldnt be happier after all that misery.

Did he kiss this girl the first month you met ?
I usually consider the first month of dating a"dating" and "get to know" period where is easy for both parties to be seeing someone else before or be atracted to someone else at the same time they met you ...then in the following months decide for "the one" and formalise the relationship.

I wouldnt consider that "cheating" but to each of his own , and if he lied to you later then thats not good either.

If he did see the girl once you where deep into the relationship then thats a different story ...

Hope you feel better hun , think about your little bean now , he /she needs you ..
hugs
A

Hugs :hugs: So sorry you're going through this.
In my experience it's totally typical behaviour of someone who is cheating to try and turn the tables and make the other person feel like they're being crazy, overbearing, or jealous or even accusing them of cheating. It's all a lame ruse to distract from the real issue - which is them cheating. To me this is almost as bad as the actual cheating - they obviously have full knowledge that they are doing something wrong, and clearly don't want to stop so are playing mind games to keep their partner thinking that they are just being paranoid or crazy. To me this is the main reason I wouldn't take back a cheater. Often they stop because they're caught - not because they feel sorry or realize they are making a mistake. In my mind they would just cheat again if they thought they would get away with it. I just can't be in a relationship like that and wouldn't ever be able to regain the trust.

As another poster noted trust is the foundation of a relationship. It is not good to be an in unhealthy relationship for you or your baby. Definitely think about it if you are able to forgive and forget, if you cannot then I would start coming up with a Plan B.

It is not just about love it is about having respect for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->