what to do next time ?

Candyx1

Reaction score
i may sound really stupid and i'm sure we all want answers to why it happened ... Just wondering if there is any indication on what could have caused mc to happen depending on how many weeks it happened at ... Are there things to prepare or do so to reduce the risk next time around ?

Hmm I think every single one of us has asked ourselves this question a zillion times.

I had mine at 5/6 weeks and the GP mentioned that this is when the heart was forming so perhaps something genetical stopped further growth. TBH I will never know for sure as the NHS doesn't offer testing with early mmc. I think you can pay for it to be done privately but again not too sure how accurate the answers would be if it's early stages.

There is nothing you could have done to prevent your miscarriage and although we all keep wondering perhaps if I didn't do that, in essence it wouldn't have helped.

I am waiting for my first :witch: and may then take baby aspirin as I have read it can help and I have had past tests done that indicate I am at high risk for clots so hope it helps. Perhaps discuss it with your GP and see what they advise?

:hugs: So sorry for your loss xx

I'm sorry, I don't know what you can do different. Apparently they can be caused by many different things, same with ectopic pregnancies. I think the only thing we can do is try and be as healthy as possible and not stress too much, I don't think stress is good either.

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything we can do to prevent a mc. Just try to keep as healthy and strong as you can :hugs:

Sorry for your loss.
I also wish i knew why.....but i never will
Good luck for the future
xx

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I don't have a whole lot of info, but I am happy to share what I was told when I lost our little one back in September:

There are many reasons why we m/c, and most of them are out of our control. My obgyn told me that in the early weeks, a m/c is usually a chromozomal thing and is not due to anything that we, as mothers or fathers, do wrong. She said unfortunately, those pregnancies are usually doomed from the very beginning, because when the sperm and egg met, all the many things that have to go right, simply don't, and it only takes one thing going wrong for the pregnancy not to work out.

If I had had a D&C, I could have opted for testing to be done on the fetus that can usually give some more specific answers, but as this was my first, I chose for a natural miscarriage and did not really want to know why.

Here in the states, they usually will not have you and your significant other go under further testing until you have three m/c, and that usually gives a lot more answers, but it is heartbreaking to have to go through that many losses before getting that info.

Take care

I wish I had some answers for you but most of the time especially with early losses there are no answers or ways to prevent it. I think all of us search for answers and a lot of times there aren't any. Even with recurrent mc testing only about 50% get answers. I have had every test under the sun done and all are normal.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get your sticky bean soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->