what to do to get pregnant???

MrsNicols

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Had m/c october last year. Got preg in 2nd cycle trying. Now 4 months later cant seem to get a bfp!? Tried preseed last month. Do opks, take bbt, take vitamins, take epo, put legs in air. Tried BD everyday, tried BD everyother day. WHAT MORE CAN I DO?anyone in same position? I thought more fertile after mc?

i dunno hun, i thought that as well but last time i had a mc it took 15 months to conceive again, i hope it doesnt take as long this time! x x

Hi MrsNicols

Same! MC oct 2010 at seven weeks after getting pregnant without even thinking about it and now still trying, thought i was last month because i missed a period but had blood test and a scan which showed i didn't ov and had a follicle cyst on my right ovary, which is common. Taking Vits, evening primrose oil, eating healthy, doing BD on days i'm supposed to be OV and nothing.
Going to try SMEP starting Friday and see what happens if nothing this month going to go back to the DR's and see what he says.

Im hoping we both get some good news soon, when are OV again???

xx

Frustrating isn't it! Im ovulating next Fri/sat. Fxd for us both. I don't know whether to see Dr or not?

Welll im supposed to start bd :sex: on friday and every otherday then starting peeing on opks on the sunday, keep bd'ing every other day til i get a posistive opk then bd that night plus two addtional nights in a row, skip one day then bd one more. :shrug: Gonna give it a go

If the opk doesn't go positive gonna bd every other night until my period is supposed to arrive.

Just doing it as the SMEP says and the reviews are pretty good but this is for people with no fertility problems and as i am not aware of having any thought i would give it a try.
Hopefully get lucky :happydance:

Hi Mrs N - thought I'd add my own thoughts if it helps?! :flower:

I started drinking a carton of grapefruit juice the week before O.
I took Oil of Eve Primose Oil until O.
I used pre-seed on all days we bd'd apart from day of O
I used my mooncup after sex (to keep the sperm in!) and lay down for like 20 minutes with my legs in the air
Every time we bd'd he was on top and I was lying down

Here's when we did it this month (DBO: Days before ovulation)
dbo7, dbo6, dbo4, dbo3, dbo1, day of ovulation

Also - i started back at the gym week before ovulation to improve my wellbeing and made a special effort not to get stressed or anxious (very hard I know!).
My period is due tomorrow, and usually I am spotting at least 2-3 days before. I have had no spotting at all and my cervix is feeling very tightly closed. I am being realistic and not getting my hopes up until I see those lovely two lines. But as my OH is going away next month I wanted to do everything I could to get a BFP this month. Fxd!! :winkwink:

I take evening primrose oil and i'm drinking Grapfruit juice because it's supposed to increase the CM.. i walk every day for everyday for excercise.. just stick my music on and go walk for 30mins to 45 mins

oooooh! F'XD for us ladies.. xx

sorry to butt in- is it true about being more fertile after m/c?

I don't know, but I guess you could google it? Couple of people have posted a link to a Daily Mail article. I have heard the same thing though, and there is a a lady here on these forums who had a miscarriage and is now pregnant with twins!! :happydance:

I think the key thing is to try when your ready and not to get too anxious - all rules I have broken myself!!:haha:

xx

yes, ive read articles suggesting its true. there are lots of ladies on here who fell pregnant before their first period and than on their first cycle after AF. also there is evidence suggesting if you used the smep the cycle after your first Af you are 40% more likely to get pregnant.

so there is evidence, hold close to that, if it doesnt happen then you are still as likely as the next person so try to be positive. good luck xxx

sorry to butt in- is it true about being more fertile after m/c?

Hi Peaches

I have also read that you are quite fertile just after you have m/c but i was told to wait three cycles.... not that i did :) but haven't got pregnant yet, so i guess my body is in charge not me in charge of my body :)

When did you M/C ?
I m/c in oct last year so i'm hoping this is my month.

:flower:

I had a miscarriage back in Ocober as well at 9 weeks. I'm on my 4th month of trying. Last time I got pregnant on our 2nd month without knowing anything about the ovulation process. I broke down and got opk's this month and am supposed ovulate around the 16th or so. Has anyone found that they ovulate later than normal since their miscarriage? I usually stop trying after day 14 and that could be why I'm not pregnant yet. I'm definitely going to try many more days this time around.

I had a miscarriage back in Ocober as well at 9 weeks. I'm on my 4th month of trying. Last time I got pregnant on our 2nd month without knowing anything about the ovulation process. I broke down and got opk's this month and am supposed ovulate around the 16th or so. Has anyone found that they ovulate later than normal since their miscarriage? I usually stop trying after day 14 and that could be why I'm not pregnant yet. I'm definitely going to try many more days this time around.

April Showers Hi :flower:

Sorry for your loss

There is a thread here that some of us are following SPERM MEETS EGG PLAN, i'm talking to people on that thread who have lost and we''re trying again but following this plan.
I too am supposed to ovulate on the 16th but not leaving anything to chance. So actually following SMEP to see if i can catch this month. I think previously i may have ovualted later and stopped thats why I haven't caught :( Last time i got pregnant really quickly.

Good luck ladies sending you all :dust:

Thanks Monkey12. I'm going to try the sperm meets egg this time as well. Hopefully it works for all of us. It sounds like we're in the same situation. Normally I would have already started trying on cd 8 or 9. By cd 14 it seems like a chore so we're waiting until cd 12 (Valentine's Day) and then positive OPK's.

Hi Mrs N - thought I'd add my own thoughts if it helps?! :flower:

I started drinking a carton of grapefruit juice the week before O.
I took Oil of Eve Primose Oil until O.
I used pre-seed on all days we bd'd apart from day of O
I used my mooncup after sex (to keep the sperm in!) and lay down for like 20 minutes with my legs in the air
Every time we bd'd he was on top and I was lying down

Here's when we did it this month (DBO: Days before ovulation)
dbo7, dbo6, dbo4, dbo3, dbo1, day of ovulation

Also - i started back at the gym week before ovulation to improve my wellbeing and made a special effort not to get stressed or anxious (very hard I know!).
My period is due tomorrow, and usually I am spotting at least 2-3 days before. I have had no spotting at all and my cervix is feeling very tightly closed. I am being realistic and not getting my hopes up until I see those lovely two lines. But as my OH is going away next month I wanted to do everything I could to get a BFP this month. Fxd!! :winkwink:

Hi Everyone - just to update you, I just got my :bfp: this month following this plan - so good luck! Please PM if you find it confusing or need an explanation xx

both times i fell pg on 1st cycle and its been 6 months since my last mc now....
just had bloods done at doctors everything came back normal. so i will keep trying and hope that my bfp isnt too far away
good luck to everyone! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->