What to dress LO in when babywearing?

pandv

Mummy to Dylan & Charlie
Reaction score
It's pretty cold out today and I had LO in his wrap this morning when I did the school run. I had him in a vest, long sleeve t-shirt and a hooded fleece. I'm worried he won't be warm enough but if I put a coat on he will be too warm iykwim. What do you dress your LOs in now it's getting colder?

Much to some peoples amusement... I put my lil man in tights under his trousers when babywearing in cold weather, so he doesn't get a draughts up his legs! He's cozy and warm and that's what matters! I was given the first lot of tights pre loved, but have been scouring the shops for the next size up and found red ones in mothercare.
Otherwise he wears a thick fluffy bum for padding, trousers, booties, vest, tee and fleece or windproof coat and hat. When it gets colder i'll put him in a snowsuit.
X

Dont forget aswell he will have your bodyheat to keep him warm, so you onky really need to worry about the legs.

He had jeans and socks on and his legs were froggy inside the wrap too so he should have been warm enough

Last winter Adam wore his snowsuit when it was really cold. Otherwise he'd be in a vest, long-sleeve top and a fleece jacket, with trousers, sometimes with tights under. I found some that were non-girly in Mothercare - a pack of navy, red and cream; have since seen other suitable ones in John Lewis. And socks/bootees and a hat, of course. Didn't need gloves as his sleeves were too long anyway.

when i was carrying Nate in my front carrier then he would have a full sleepsuit under longsleved shirt and jeans with shoes and a hat and sometimes a jacket but i would wear my DH's zip up sweatshirt over the carrier and zip it up around him if it was windy, or his snowsuit with a sleepsuit+vest under it

Dont forget aswell he will have your bodyheat to keep him warm, so you onky really need to worry about the legs.

Yeah I've only been dressing Finley properly [vest, T-shirt, trousers, socks, hat] if he's in a Mei Tai...in a wrap I only have him in a vest and he's plenty warm enough...he'd cook if I had him in anything more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->