what to eat for morning sickness...

pinkcatgirl

Reaction score
I feel lousy today, my nausea lasts all day but I am never sick :-(

I can't face cooking anything, but need to eat really often else I feel worse. I feel I am living off biscuits, crisps and pitta bread!

Anyone got any advice?

Hey mrs, I don't know if this is helpful but I was told that protein is the key to curing morning sickness. Normally protein is from eggs and chicken but if you don't feel like that then you can buy protein powder and just make a shake with water, it's not dissimilar to milkshake, will fill you up and cure the nausea and will also give baby the nutrients he or she needs if your not managing to keep much down! Hope that's helpful xx

I didn't find that anything helped as such, for me it was more about avoiding things that made it worse. Dairy, rich, or sweet things made me feel awful, so I stuck to small salty snacks. Salad was good too, lots of leaves with a bit of balsamic and maybe some grilled chicken. Little and often is definitely the key!

Coffee made mine worse.
Little Goya Maria cookies are good. I was loving refried beans for a week or two in a tortilla. I guess that makes sense that protein helps because I felt much better after.

I've found cream of wheat/rice to be amazing in the morning and even have it for dinner if I can't stomach something else. I just heat it up and sprinkle the smallest amount of brown sugar on top, but I don't bother pouring any milk on top - it makes it too rich for me right now. Once it cools a little bit I take tiny bites until I've had my fill.

Best of luck:hugs: This time will pass

Ugh, it's so hard isn't it? Little amounts often helps me sooooo much, and I am same as you, I basically want bread or wheat products :(
Over the last couple days though I have managed cheese and tomato on bread and an avocado. I can still eat fruit and most veg too.
And for me I try to drink water when I'm eating cause I can't manage it on an empty stomach.

Also, I found this helpful https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/pregnancy-childbirth/second-month/morning-sickness/24-ways-ease-morning-sickness

I will try some of the suggestions posted. Thanks ..

I find toast with Nutella works well in the morning as Nutella has protein in it and not too sweet. Also chocolate dry cereal before u get up like Cheerios works well too. I find I can eat unlimited amounts of pizza!! Others have said this too. So I choose one with ham for the protein.

Omg, I'm shocked I can eat pizza too! This past week I've felt like such a pig, I had pizza for lunch/snacks all week.

I've found cream of wheat/rice to be amazing in the morning and even have it for dinner if I can't stomach something else. I just heat it up and sprinkle the smallest amount of brown sugar on top, but I don't bother pouring any milk on top - it makes it too rich for me right now. Once it cools a little bit I take tiny bites until I've had my fill.

Best of luck:hugs: This time will pass

I want cream if wheat now! Lol

My midwife said bad carbs are the worst, because they make you spoke in energy. Which makes the nausea worse. She said try good grains, or nuts. You can eat bread and crackers. Just put peanut butter or something on it.

For me lemonade has been my best friend. I feel so much better if I drink that instead of water. Not good with all the extra sugar but right now I can barely stomach water and I need liquids because I'm still bf'ing.

I can't stomach tomato based things at all. I don't think I could touch a piece of pizza to save my life. How strange! Pizza is normally a favorite of mine.

Toast with natural peanut butter, almonds, and apples are also helpful for me. (Not all together, haha!)

Try a plain cracker before you even get up and keep eating small amounts of what you like throughout the day. It worked most days for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->