What to expect at 8 week ultrasound?

tor624

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I was wondering what I can expect from my 8 week ultrasound. I was a little disappointed with my last appointment, because the ultrasound literally only lasted 30 seconds, but *hopefully* it was just because it was really too early to see anything interesting.

This was just a few days before our loss, I was really shocked at the quality too, maybe it's because it was vaginal? :shrug:

I am wondering this too, since my appointment is on Monday :)

If you look in my signature you can see my journal, and there on the first page there are scan pics at 8 weeks. To be honest I preferred my 7 week pic, just because they took a better pic. At this stage you can see the heartbeat very well and they look a bit like peanuts, they change a lot in just a few weeks though!

I had two very early ultrasounds, and they were pretty disappointing as well. They also just caused me more concern because the pregnancy was still pretty early, and there really wasn't much to look at. My 8 week ultrasound was way more exciting! Got to see the baby, hear the heartbeat, and take a couple of pictures home! They just look like little blobs on the ultrasound screen at this point in the pregnancy, but there should be way more for you to see at this ultrasound than the last one :thumbup:

I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, and they did it vaginally. They showed me the baby, and the little heart beating. They took a bunch of measurements of everything: the baby, the placenta, my ovaries, EVERYTHING. Dozens of measurements. They told me how old my baby was (it was a few days older than I thought), and they gave me a due date. They even did a 3D image of the baby, although it pretty much just looks like a chewed up shrimp at this point.

I guess the ultrasound machine also had a mic in it, because it could pick up the baby's heartbeat. They measured that as well.

The whole thing probably took 10-15 minutes. At the end, they printed me out some pictures. I really enjoyed it!

Thank you all very much! I'm excited about this one, mainly because of the heartbeat! It seems like the whole world knows I'm pregnant already (which I DID NOT want) so I think hearing or even just seeing a heartbeat would put me more at ease :)

I've just booked an early scan too... Cannot really afford it but hey ho.

After my miscarriage in January I just need a little piece of mind.

My 8 weeks ultrasound was pretty disappointing, although in the end, I found out that baby was measuring right on and had a beating heart, and that's all I can really ask for at this point. I'm in rural China, and the ultrasound tech did speak a little English, but wouldn't talk to me...she was so cold. After travelling 2 hours by bullet train to the hospital, and waiting almost 2 hours for my supposedly "scheduled" appointment, nothing was shown to me at all as she did it, and DH and I just stood there confused about whether or not everything was okay. Then, we were told the entire hospital was going on a 2.5 hour lunch, and the doctor at the international clinic would discuss my results with me after that. So we had a very nerve-wracking lunch at a nearby restaurant, hoping that baby was okay. The pictures they gave me are on a sheet of paper with tons of Chinese writing, and then the pics are super tiny at the bottom. I still don't know what anything on the picture is. And they said they saw the heartbeat, but didn't point it out to me and I wasn't able to hear it at that appointment.

I go home to Canada in July, and am already booked in for a 20 week ultrasound as soon as I get back. Really looking forward to that one!!

This Is my 8 week ultra scan Hun x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 13
This was a much more satisfying scan! We got to hear the heartbeat, and it is measuring 7w6d, so everything is right on track!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->