what to expect at a de-briefing

emiliasmummy

Reaction score
hi ladies ,
i had very hard traumatic birth so my midwife has sent me for a de-briefing with a hospital consultant in a 2weeks time .... i just wondered if any one else had done 1 what can i expect ect and did it help .

any advise would be great x

Sorry, ive never heard of that before, did you have stitches and stuff??

I've never heard of this either, though I had a traumatic birth and still sometimes feel like I need to talk to someone about it.

Whatever it is, I hope it helps :flower:

hey ladies a my midwife told me about it when i discussed how i was feeling after the birth .... basically my midwife said i will go see the senior consultant on maternity and go through my notes of my labour and why certain things were done and to tell her about how i felt .... i guess ill no more when i go really nervous xx

I didn't have a debrief but I did have a traumatic birth and seen a consultant who went over a few things (but not in any detail) and talked about my options for future births.

I hope all goes well :hugs: xx

Hi there,

My labour/birth was classed as traumatic aswell, which has effected me. But I haven't been asked or referred to see a consultant like you have been.

I hope the appointment goes well and let us know how it went. As for myself, it would be nice to know what was discussed and if it was beneficial. As again, having the trauma myself I would be interested to know and what help you had.

xx

It sounds like it will be a good thing just to go through it all and express your feelings. Sorry you had a traumatic birth experience and hope you feel better after your debrief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->