What to expect at scan week 5+3

floborg

Reaction score
I'm having a scan the 20th this month. A vaginal ultrasound.
I have googled photos but seems some see the baby at this day and some see the sac only.
Does anyone know what's the common thing to see at an ultrasound at 5+3?
Worrying that it might be too early to see anything but the sac, is this true?

Yes it could be too early. I had a vaginal scan at just over 6 weeks and all they could see was sac, yolk and he said he couldn't really see the baby properly but could see a few pixels flashing on and off when zoomed right in and he said that was the heart beat.

I had this scan internally, I thought I was 6+6 but by the measurements she said I was 5+3 or 4 the little bit at the bottom of the sac is the hb measuring 2mm, is it private? are you sure on your dates? Hope his helps xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8
I had one at 5 weeks and could only see the sac. I had another 10 days later and could see the sac, yolk sac and heartbeat.

Pretty sure, I am between 5+3 or 5+5 when I will have the ultrasound. Don't want to cancel as reason I've the appointment is for a medical condition but would of loved to have a scan like a week or two later so I could see how the little one is doing especially as I feel the same as non-pregnant now. Just had literally two or three days of symptoms then all went away and stayed away for like three days now.

Is it a sonogram you all had around 5-6 weeks? My dr has scheduled me for a sonogram this week and I will be 6+3 at that time. Not sure what to expect either.

ETA: I see you said you are having a vaginal ultrasound, oops.

She did mine abdominally first and could see everything but she said it would be clearer as because is paid £60 I wanted to see as clearly as possible so had internal too xx

I had a vaginal scan today at 5+5 and they found twins!! In one sac they found the yolk sac, and she said she maybe saw a little fetal pole, but wasn't sure, it was really small, and in the other sac (the larger baby) they found the yolk sac and fetal pole. They told me they did not expect to find a heartbeat because it is really early. From what I've read, they don't expect to see it really before 6.5 weeks, really, and even then it can take longer.

I had a scan at 5+3 and all the saw was an empty sac. Despite everyone being alarmed (I was paranoid as I'd seen online photos all over the place too), I had blood drawn and everything was still rising as it should. Had another scan at 6+3 and there was the little peanut. Just a little blip on the screen with a beating heart.
So don't be alarmed if all they see is the sac. Perfectly normal at 5 weeks. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->