What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I seriously over packed, I was only in hospital 4 hours!!!! From arrival to discharge time. But I know births can vary.

Bigger shoes! Or ones with will fit if your feet swell.

My feet didn't swell at all throughout pregnancy and we're tiny when I went into labour but after a 42 hour labour, an epidural, an emergency csection under a general anesthetic and being bed bound for 24 hours they were like balloons and I had to go home in my slippers! 😳

Why does every hospital bag list I see anywhere have socks on it?
Every hospital I have ever been to (in the US) has provided great socks (the warm kind with the grips on the bottom).
Does the L&D floor not do that???

^^

Cant speak for the US but the UK don't provide socks (or much else for that matter...). I've got two pairs packed ready.

Sounds like US hositals provide a lot, which is great for lighter bags :haha:. Mine weigh a ton! x

Hair elastics!! I always have one round my wrist but they took it off to put a drip in and it got lost. My hair was really annoying me!!

I'm going to breast feed I hope but if not I've got ready made bottles to take in not sure if it's been mentioned here 2 years ago they use to provide them for you

Why does every hospital bag list I see anywhere have socks on it?
Every hospital I have ever been to (in the US) has provided great socks (the warm kind with the grips on the bottom).
Does the L&D floor not do that???

I'm surprised that hospitals in the UK provide bed sheets and pillows never mind comfy bed socks 😂

I found this list and after having my first (in which no one told me anything like this) I am going to pack this and only this. We had a big bag of stuff WE DIDN'T EVEN USE!

https://www.everythingbabystuff.com...-what-to-pack-in-your-pregnancy-hospital-bag/

For me, along with decent bottles for shower gel shampoos and such, and a toiletry wash bag with a hook on it so it can be kept off the floor... A pair of flip flops to wear in the shower....

Girls I added one book and my kindle .... you know just in case it takes time and I have to wait too much something to distract me.

Optional hospital bag checklist items for mom

• Very light reading (think magazines and newspapers, not War and Peace)

• Earbuds to listen to music on your phone

• Bath towel (the hospital will probably supply a very thin, small one)

• Hairdryer

• A comfy pillow from home (with a case that can get ruined, in a pattern distinguishable from hospital white)

• A few pairs of maternity underwear that can get ruined (the hospital will have disposable pairs, which some women find handy and others find gross)

• A ruin-able nightgown (you can use those lovely hospital gowns, but your own might help you feel more human)

• Breastfeeding pillow

HOSPITAL BAG CHECKLIST FOR BABY

• Approved infant car seat

• A coming-home outfit (bring clothes in different sizes to make sure they fit!)

• Warm blankets (for the ride home)

• Outdoor gear like a snowsuit and hat, as seasonally appropriate (newborns are extra sensitive to cold)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->