What to wear for the hospital pool and general tips?

AP

Reaction score
Hey girls
I don't frequent this bit much, but if I get to term this time, I'm allowed to request use of the hospital pool for birth. :happydance: (i thought sod it, i may as well make the most of it)

I have no idea how it'll go (any tips would be nice, throw them this way?) but I'm looking for something to wear.

I like the idea of a bikini type thing but I'm sure some of you have other ideas?

And is there anything else I should be thinking of that wouldn't generally be in my hospital bag otherwise?

I wore a vest top but really it was more annoying than anything, I really recommend your birthday suit ;) xxx

I haven't had my water pool experience yet, but I'm planning on wearing just a small waterproof bra/top of some kind as I think anything more would get cold, wet and heavy and not be comfortable. Alot of ladies don't bother wearing anything at all, it's just what feels comfortable for you :)

I wore a sports bra with Sid and got naked with Hebe! Really what ever you fancy is fine! x

Oh and extras to take would be OHs Speedos if he's getting in with you! :)

I was nekkid in the pool at the birth centre. didnt see why not to be honest!

Oh and extras to take would be OHs Speedos if he's getting in with you! :)

Oh fek I read that at the wrong time, I have just found DHs swimming googles :rofl: (he was a pro swimmer once upon a time lol)

So nekkid seems to be the way to go..... Hmmmmmmm.... Sounds easy... ;)

Yeah you can't beat naked! just like the freedom of skinni-dipping! Much easier for skin to skin - but if your breasts really need support, then a good bikini top seems to help those ladies with bigger chests that has thought theIr boobs would just get in the way ;-)

Also for your bag, you also might want to pack your OH a spare top or t-shirt, they are likey to get wet too. Esp if you are holding on to them, or they are supporting you in the water.
Drinking straws it is much easier to drink from them than a cup and you might get hot and thirsty.
Travel sized pump sprays (you can get these from boots) fill with cold water and spray your face, back etc
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->