What to write in a Thank You card for God Parents

ILoveShoes

Reaction score
Hey,
My LO is being baptised tomorrow and we've got Thank You cards and presents for his God Parents.
Does anyone have any nice ideas of what I can write in the cards, rather than 'thanks for being my God parent'
Thanks!
xx

How about

Thank you for your prayers and support on our child’s blessed day. Your loving spirit and guiding light will be a source of guidance and inspiration to (insert child’s name) for years to come. Our gratitude and love for you is ever growing. Thank you once again.

or..

Thank you for being such a special part of our most blessed day. As godparent, you provided an excellent example of Christian living for (insert child’s name) on this and every day of (his or her) life. Your support, prayers, and love bless our family daily. Thank you, again.

How about

Thank you for your prayers and support on our child’s blessed day. Your loving spirit and guiding light will be a source of guidance and inspiration to (insert child’s name) for years to come. Our gratitude and love for you is ever growing. Thank you once again.

or..

Thank you for being such a special part of our most blessed day. As godparent, you provided an excellent example of Christian living for (insert child’s name) on this and every day of (his or her) life. Your support, prayers, and love bless our family daily. Thank you, again.

They are both lovely; thank you so much! xx

I wrote it as if Frankie had written it. I made sure the messages were personal to the godparent too, for example for Frankie's godfather who is a huge Spurs fan, I wrote, "Mummy says I will be a Bradford City fan, Daddy says I will be a Crystal Palace fan, but I know that if I want to watch some good football, you will take me to watch Tottenham with you."

I also put Frankie's handprint inside each of the cards as his own way of signing the card.

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, I'll be looking forward to photos!! xx

I wrote it as if Frankie had written it. I made sure the messages were personal to the godparent too, for example for Frankie's godfather who is a huge Spurs fan, I wrote, "Mummy says I will be a Bradford City fan, Daddy says I will be a Crystal Palace fan, but I know that if I want to watch some good football, you will take me to watch Tottenham with you."

I also put Frankie's handprint inside each of the cards as his own way of signing the card.

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, I'll be looking forward to photos!! xx

I love that idea! Thank you! :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back