What type of mom are you?

I just go with the flow my parenting is most likely what u call baby led ....for example weaning ...Jake was 8 wks due to him being a lil piggy ....Katie was 12 wks cos she wasnt gaining weight ...Ethan was 14 wks cos he was ready ...Potty training Jake was 20 months katie 14 months and ethan is now 2 yrs 1 month and shows no interest i do things when my children are ready not by what it says in a book xxx

I let Molly ttake the lead as all babies are different.

I dont do thing by the book x
sam still as a bottle of milk for bed and he is 18mths but thats only because he needs is otherwise hed not have one x

It depends on which books you are reading. The Dr. Sears books I read promote and encourage co-sleeping, and extended Bfing. Other books I have read encourage delayed solids and a baby lead weaning approach to solids.

I like to read the books and get a few ideas from them - some of the info has certainly helped, my LO is what you would call a challenging baby and sometimes you look for help wherever you can get it. I don't stress too much about his routine now - I can tell when he needs a nap and as long as he gets one then ww3 doesn't break out. I have weaned him off his dummy - it had served its purpose and was disturbing his sleep when he woke up every time it fell out. Took about a week and he sleeps really well now (well for him anyway!)

i love my books as they help and guide me but at the same time all babies are different so i don't stress out about certain deadlines and just support and encourage the kids to do things at their own pace, giving help when they need it.

I read books and get upset usually and confused. I've found that everything works best if I relax and follow my instincts and just observe Oscar and go from there. I do firmly believe in routine for little ones, but not for the adults convenience more for the little ones to feel secure and know what is what - having said that, I am really flexible and take his lead.

More than anything I think it depends on the child, and then if you have more than one, on the whole family dynamic.

One thing I am quite strong on is avoiding getting into bad habits as regards sugar and sweets and tv watching etc. He is too little yet to have to think about those things but there is NO WAY I am giving my baby empty calories (chocolate etc) before he even really knows what the stuff is. That includes processed food like chicken nuggets.
Nothing wrong with it and I don't blame anyone who offers their kids those things but if I can avoid it for as long as possible then I will.

I just want him to have pure good wholefoods.

I just go with the flow, let them do it when their ready
and it has worked well so far. xx

I mostly go with the flow. Small things, like taking him off the bottle, cuting down his dummy time, they are just things I felt were nessecary now, not something a book told me though.

Oh, I definietly do NOT go by the book. Charlotte had rice cereal in her bottle at 5 weeks, along with some (minor) solids. She's been on a sippy cup since she was 7 months and only gets bottles at night and one in the afternoon. She still has her lovey and her binky and I don't see any reason to take those away. I MAY take the binky away during the day and only give it to her at night once she hits a year old, but then..I might not. Her brother will be showing up then and I don't want to throw so much at her at once. A new baby AND binky going away..that could suck! I pretty much just go by her cues...

I'm the second one. I don't even read books and am often surprised about all the theories I read on BnB! We go with the flow generally.

i'm a firm but fair mum and i dont stand no messing, i say it how it is, and they are well aware of my boundries lol
i bow down to no toddler you eat and drink what i give you, you eat from the plate cup etc i give you lol never once had to smack rosie and hardly got the silly tantrums, she drank from a sippy cup in the day from 6 months and a bottle just before bed, and potty trained at 2 1/2 which went ok i think.
with babies i go with flow really i feed when he's hungry, change when wet, i do put him in his pram to sleep and take him out in fresh air at least once a day.
when he's older he'll go to sleep in his cot at least once in the afternoon.

i have got a good relationship with my daughter but teens are the worst to parent i got to admit give me a toddler tantrum anyday haha.
rosie thinks she knows it all and i know nothing lol apparently i'm a dinosaur who doesnt know real life and zero about fashion haha, there 17yrs age gap on us lol. my punishment with her is grounding and confiscation of lap top and phone.

my motto as much as you discipline give twice the love back and keep talking.

I was a by the book mom until Connor was a couple months. Now I'm really laid back and let him set the pace.

With my 1st i was very laid back about everything and totally baby led but i made a few mistakes along the way which took me a lot of work to rectify so i was more strong willed with the boys and although i am led by them to an extent at the same time i never do things beacuse its better in the short term i always look at the long term after the mistakes i made with anais! i have a good balance of both and seem to be getting it right a lot more now than before!

I'm a laid back mom, whatever is working for him at the moment is fine by me. Of course, we worked with him on crawling since other babies his age crawled before him. I started solid foods at 6 months like you're supposed to (blah,blah...). He is 9 1/2 months and still breastfeeding. I plan on stopping at a year, we'll see how that goes. I really don't want to go beyond that, but he is such a boob man, lol!!!

We do co-sleep, I know that doctors really try to get parents against co-sleeping, but my husband and I both don't mind it. Except for the fact that Peyton does crowd us, what a wiggle worm.:dohh: I can't say that I won't do that with my next child but I will work more toward them sleeping in their own room. I'm such a worrier though, it's nice having them in the same room so you can just wake up and there they are, you know they are safe. I guess that is my issue. So we just go with the flow on things and just get feedback and suggestions from people and incorporate it to fit our lifestyle.

My husband says the best saying of all time. "It's different strokes for different folks". It is so true.

Im pretty laid back. We dont have a firm routine or anything like that, Im not planninmg on taking him off his bottle any time soon because he loves it... Im just doing what he is happy with :)

xxx

Im sort of in the middle, there are certain things that i think should be done at a certain age and I do like routine but I dont take it from any books I go with what works for us.

I dont own a parenting book. :D i so with the flow and let things happen at its own pace when Jack shows an interest in doing the next 'stage' in somthing i will then try it if not i dont push it and will let him 'lead' x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->