What was you Childhood hobby/pastime and what does your LO do or you'd want them to?

hawalkden

Reaction score
Just wondering what activities/clubs did you go to when you was younger?

I went to Ballet/Tap gave up when I was in the middle of primary due to time/shows overtaking my life and mum running round like a headless chicken! Shame I had to give it up..

What does your LO attend now? Or would you been letting them experience?

OH wants our peanut when it arrives and old enough.. to do skating and guitar! Think that's just for him to follow his footsteps !

I'd let them choose what they'd want but Horseriding looks intresting

I can't remember what i did as a child - was far too long ago lol. I do know that we have always been involved in church so i went along to church activities.

Our DS will be attending Beavers/Cubs/Scouts when he is old enough - my husband did this and is still involved with his scout pack.

I am a very mean mummy and neither DS or DD will be attending anything that involved us having to be out before 9am on a saturday lol

Our daughter seems to be a natural swimmer and DH and i were talking about this - i totally vetoed the idea of getting into swimming in a big way because where we are the swimming practices are at 6am - like yeah right, i'm so not getting up at that time if I'm not working.

I went horseriding from the age of 8. When I was about 12 I started working in the stables mucking out stables, feeding the horses, leading them out etc... If there were stables near me I think I'd take my son to that as I always enjoyed it.

My son has been doing kickboxing since he was 4. My brothers, dad and uncles all do it so he gets to practice with them and really enjoys it.

I was also going to start him in the beavers as he's just started a new school and some of his new friends go there. xxx

I did brownies, but never really enjoyed it that much.
At school i did recorder club.. much preferred when i was at comp - i did choir, orchestra, trampoline club. i joined guides but hated that too as the leader had her favourite people.

My son was doing swimming, but i stopped it due to money issues, hope to start hm again soon. he has had a riding lesson too but its way too expensive for him to continue.
I'd love him to do loads, but money is a huge factor.

ans i dont want him doing weekend stuff as it will stop us going away randomly or seeing family.

I did ballet, tap, gymnastics, piano lessons, violin lessons and brownies. I can imagine Sophie liking gymnastics etc as she LOVES climbing and doing somersaults (with help!) and things! She also loves going and playing on the piano so I'll just wait and see if she wants to learn when she's older - I'd like her to play too but won't force her.

x

I did CGIT (like Girl Guides) and my daughter is in that, well, she is in Sparks. My son is in Cub Scouts this year. I also swam swim club, and my kids are in the swim club. My kids also take other classes from time to time...such as soccer, dance, gymnastics, hockey (my son isn't in it this year, but that was his big one, but the times don't work right now). My kids will be starting up a musical instrument in a year or two as well. I played the flute. My son joined cross country at school this year, and I used to do that too. I don't really force my kids (although I would if I had to). They want to do things. They are very active. I want them to be active, because I don't want them to have time to get into trouble. Hubby and I organize lots of play dates with friends too...that is important. Socialization on the weekends etc. Also, we do homework, every single night no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->