What was your baby's heart rate on Doppler & how far along?

cherrished

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Doppler for home use, does any one have any tips how to use? Where too look first? Best angle? Etc I'm finding it difficult to get a good trace of baby, I found him/her for literally 8 secs heart beat rate was 146 then he/she quickly moved, is that okay for 9 weeks 5 days along, I'm going to try again at weekend I just need to keep practising as I'm not the best at it lol :)

What are your heart rates & how far along? Did it also take ya's long to find little bean? I'm really excited of getting a good trace to record and send my mum & sister, thanks for reading xxx
P.s it may sound silly, I pick my heartbeat up real well, there also loads of other wooosh windy noises will this be my placenta? I should defaintly only hear 2 heart beats a)mine & b)baby's heart rate shouldn't i? Lol may be silly question lmao xx

I hear all the "swooshing" noises too! LOL! I'm pretty sure that's placenta. Mine tells you the number on the screen (I use a sonoline B), but I found that it's not 100% correct. So I counted and used a stop watch. I'm almost 11 weeks... baby's heart rate is 180! I feel that's very high! But I read it's normal. You can google what normal fetal heart rates are bc they differ with age of the fetus!

I found mine very close to the pubic bone, so very low, and almost all the way to the right by my hip bone! But, that little sucker is moving around because yesterday it was almost directly in the middle, but still right by the pubic bone! Hope this helps! :happydance:

Hi Mine was 180-183 - I found mine my right side and I did find it pretty quick before but now its taking me longer think Its Hiding :winkwink: Will have a another go later and see what the BMP are now as that was Monday Im now 9 weeks x

on doppler at 12 weeks baby's heartrate was 166 and its been that way everytime i use the doppler... fluctuates between 158 and 169

at 8 wks + 6 days it was 174

Thanks everyone I'm going to have a go again tomorrow I did find a trace of heart beat just a little to right of my pubic bone, then moved proper fast and couldn't find again, the screen does tell me the numbers but because he/she moved so fast the numbers didn't increase very fast I think hopefully I can find him/her tomorrow and get a good reading xx

Wish I could
Upload a video I have so you could tell me if it's baby or me lol :/ x

I think the swishing is the placenta, and if you hear a windy/howling noise, I think that's arterial blood flow.

You'll definitely know the difference between your's and beans! Beans will be like a train or galloping horse.

Here's a good website where you can listen to the different sounds:

https://www.fetaldopplerfacts.org/facts/dopplers/fetal-heartbeat-doppler-sounds.php

with my daughter she was consistently around 150-160bpm. and always seemed to be really low down!!! I havent tried yet with this pregnancy :)

I tried again this morning and got a trace between 156/170 up and down but was right near the placenta and the wind noice so now I'm doubting if it was baby, could it have been just the placenta and blood flow artri together making a train sound lol :/ so confusing wish I never bought the thing lol xx thanks for advice ladies xx

Hiya Cherrished. I've had my doppler a few weeks now and tonight for the first time I got a decent trace with the baby, sonoline was registering 161 bpm. It was still very low down even though I'm 13 weeks now and I have an anterior placenta to battle with.

Watching YouTube videos helped me immensely on positioning and sounds, I can't recommend it enough, warning though watching the videos is highly addictive, lol :laugh2:

Hi there :)

I think if you find a beat of 150bmp or anything above 130 it is definitely not yours and definitely the babies! You can hold your wrist and check your beat once you have found babies ad you'll know whose it is :)

I have brought a sonoline B but also don't find the counting on the digi screen 100% accurate. When I use it to find babies I will use a stop watch aswell for clarity.

Have fun.. I cannot wait to use mine!

Thanks ladies guna have a try again in a couple of hours, just so confusing all the noises lol, and the numbers increase then decrease again when it still sounds the same so I don't understand which Bpm baby is, then all the whooosh windy noises are placenta ? Then slower heart beat is mine ? Then there sounds like another heart beat it's steady but also whooshy as well like a washing machine sorta noise lol x thanks for all replies ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->