What was your first AF after bcp like?

ferens06

Reaction score
Was it longer/shorter/lighter/heavier than you remembered?

I *think* i'm having my first natural cycle but it's different from how I remember!

x

Birth control had me alllll messed up. I'm in the small percentage of women where it doesn't work on me--it just causes me to have a couple periods a month instead of just one chemically induced one.

When I finally stopped the pill, my periods regulated well. They also went from an inconsistent flow for about 7 or more days to being heavy for about 2 days, then becoming light and tapering off in about 3 days (muuuuch better!). Everyone's different though; the very first time I came off the pill I had a regular period followed by a couple weeks of spotting.

Good luck to you :)

Thank you Gigglebox, wish you lots of :dust:!x

Thank you! It's my cat playing with a Christmas ornament :)

Hello, I came off BCP after 12 years in April. My WD bleed was a week but very light and about 5 days of spotting. My first post pill AF in May was light, not painful but I had AWFUL PMS. Just had my second post pill AF and again it was fine.

May AF came bang on 28 days later
June AF came 26 days late
Hoping for a beautiful :bfp: in July

Good luck & I hope this helps x

I came off my BCP a year ago. My first cycle was a lot lighter than the ones I had before, which is good because they were horribly painful. Good luck!

I'm still only on day 2 of my first natural AF after BCP. The good news is that it came exactly 28 days after the start of my last. It's hard to compare it to previous natural AF's as I haven't had one in about 7 years...and I only had natural AF's for about a year and then I started on BC. The only things I do remember are that they were spot on regular...they always came exactly when they were supposed to like clockwork, my boobs usually got really sore (which they haven't with this AF), and I bled more than a pill AF (which seemed to be the case for day 1...but today on day 2 it seems to have tapered off and is very light).

i just got my first AF off BCP... my 'withdrawl af' was just like this one (maybe bc i got sick of my bcp & stopped a week before the sugar pills?) I barely need a regular size tampon and just use liners at night, only get what i'd say a real "flow" for a day maybe two.. it started sunday, used super tampon *didnt really need it* barely anything on pad that night, then sat only used a reg tampon, then nothing at night.. been light light ever since- started off day 1 pinkish/red & is now brownish spotting :shrug: only had cramps night 1... so far much better than a BCP AF where I'm in pain for three days and going through super XL tampons in an hour :winkwink: although, my boobs feel like two BIG bruises :dohh: i had a 34 day cycle, but I'd usually get AF toward the end of my "sugar pill week" on BCP so I was expecting it to be around 30ish days.. :thumbup:

i just got my first AF off BCP... my 'withdrawl af' was just like this one (maybe bc i got sick of my bcp & stopped a week before the sugar pills?) I barely need a regular size tampon and just use liners at night, only get what i'd say a real "flow" for a day maybe two.. it started sunday, used super tampon *didnt really need it* barely anything on pad that night, then sat only used a reg tampon, then nothing at night.. been light light ever since- started off day 1 pinkish/red & is now brownish spotting :shrug: only had cramps night 1... so far much better than a BCP AF where I'm in pain for three days and going through super XL tampons in an hour :winkwink: although, my boobs feel like two BIG bruises :dohh: i had a 34 day cycle, but I'd usually get AF toward the end of my "sugar pill week" on BCP so I was expecting it to be around 30ish days.. :thumbup:

You're quite similar to me! I started what I think was AF on Friday (had random bleeds throughout the month though!) and it's just tapering off today. No real flow like I'm used to but definitely enough to say it's not spotting. No cramps either so everyone's a winner !haha!

My boobs still hurt too! I wonder why they still hurt when we've finished AF? I also stopped part way through my pack, so maybe it's sent our hormones out of whack! x

Mine was normal, flow etc was normal. The only thing unusual was that it was exactly 4 weeks after coming off BCP, when normally I have a 6 week cycle (or at least I did about 10 years ago!) on Cerazette I had nothing.

Anyway, the rest was all normal. Typically everything was regular 4 weeks until we got close to NTNPing. Just before we started to NTNP, I had a 6 week cycle followed by a 5 week cycle. So I've no idea what my body is up to now. lol!

I've just come off bc and had AF dead on time, if a little more uncomfortable than when on the bc with cramps but nothing hideous. Hoping the next one is on time and similar too :-s

I've been bleeding on and off since the 29th now. But continously for a week. Bloody hell, you're all lucky lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->