What was your lo's first food?

sheldonsmommy

Reaction score
My guy is just over 5 months and I'm in no way starting full time solids, but I wanted to introduce some food today. But I looked in my fridge and had no 'traditional' first foods. Apple, pear, peas, yam, cereals...

So it got me wondering what everyone else starts with?

Banana. He didn't like it. lol now he loves them though

Banana here too! LO made the funniest face and spat it out!

I ended up steaming some carrot sticks and it made for a great toy for about 15 minutes.

I absolutely can't wait for him to start enjoying food :)

Banana the other day when ds1 gave it to him lol. He just sucked on it and didn't seem to know what to make of it x

Baby rice which he hated (I'm not surprised, it's vile!!).

Next time we'll start straight on veg purée :)

Sweet potato. He wasn't impressed and still can't really go them haha.

Carrot. He loves carrot today still.

The eldest was chips! She stole some takeaway one night put them in her mouth and chewed. That is the night we realised she was ready to start baby led weaning.

Steamed green beans, toast fingers and cucumber sticks dipped in homemade hummus. He also tried figs that day. LOVED everything!

A soft plum I was eating, she decided she wanted a taste :haha:

Thomas had a banana. He was not impressed. He loves bananas now :)

Strawberry yoghurt was the only thing I had in and I was getting impatient lol

ds' was banana too! loved it so much his actual noises were om nom nom, twas hilarious...can't wait to get dd started in the coming months :D

Sticks of carrot and parsnips roasted with garlic and rosemary and some mashed potato. Was also supposed to be a yorkshire pudding (it was sunday lunch), but we forgot about them and burnt them in the oven!

Sticks of carrot and parsnips roasted with garlic and rosemary and some mashed potato. Was also supposed to be a yorkshire pudding (it was sunday lunch), but we forgot about them and burnt them in the oven!

I want that for my dinner! Sounds delicious!!

Banana is a staple in our house, so that has gone really well and ds2 gets so excited at dinner when he gets some banana chunks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->