What was your treatment for PCOS?

Working out and changing the way you eat has been hard for me honestly but i am willing to push myself to do better... Would you ladies like to be my coach in getting fit and healthy so that we could get our bfps started

A fitness coach can be helpful for some, but I tend to be stubborn I never listen to them ,I can only get on track when I want to get in shape more then anything. then once I am on it for a few days cravings are gone. I am doing good so far down 10 pounds in a week , most of it is probably water weight though and I am setting small goals for myself, If you want a weight loss buddy I am here.:hugs:

Yes I would love you to be my weight loss buddy as you can tell me what your plan is and I can join with you. I am really ready for this life change. I am sure it will be hard but I have to push myself

I am doing a very low carb diet, sort of like Atkins but I am not eating as much fat as some of the Atkins followers do, low carbing is the only way for me to lose weight , when I am eating sugar it just does not budge much, usually after starting 10 pounds come off quick within the first week (mostly water weight) then I start losing about a pound every other day, if my calories are very low then sometimes its a pound a day. only downfall to this diet is fatigue and headaches in the beginning, on the positive side once I am in ketosis cravings vanish ,and your body starts using fat for energy since there are not enough carbs .I can start a low carb thread for us in the weight loss forum if you want so were not hijacking this thread?.https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/

Working out and changing the way you eat has been hard for me honestly but i am willing to push myself to do better... Would you ladies like to be my coach in getting fit and healthy so that we could get our bfps started

A fitness coach can be helpful for some, but I tend to be stubborn I never listen to them ,I can only get on track when I want to get in shape more then anything. then once I am on it for a few days cravings are gone. I am doing good so far down 10 pounds in a week , most of it is probably water weight though and I am setting small goals for myself, If you want a weight loss buddy I am here.:hugs:

Yes I would love you to be my weight loss buddy as you can tell me what your plan is and I can join with you. I am really ready for this life change. I am sure it will be hard but I have to push myself

I am doing a very low carb diet, sort of like Atkins but I am not eating as much fat as some of the Atkins followers do, low carbing is the only way for me to lose weight , when I am eating sugar it just does not budge much, usually after starting 10 pounds come off quick within the first week (mostly water weight) then I start losing about a pound every other day, if my calories are very low then sometimes its a pound a day. only downfall to this diet is fatigue and headaches in the beginning, on the positive side once I am in ketosis cravings vanish ,and your body starts using fat for energy since there are not enough carbs .I can start a low carb thread for us in the weight loss forum if you want so were not hijacking this thread?.https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/

I am going to click the link now and join there

I was diagnosed with pcos 19 years ago. Back then I was barely over weight and only 18 so nothing was done. They didn't have the Internet the same way as it is now and info was minimal. Because of pcos my cycles are all over the place and I gained over 100 lbs. For me, losing weight won't help me get pregnant because I was not fertile when I was 100 lbs lighter. BUT being overweight with pcos has caused a host of issues. I was put on metformin for insulin resistance but the side effects were so horrific we stopped. A low carb diet is what will help lose weight and control the insulin resistance that comes with pcos. Don't be afraid of healthy fats and veggie carbs. Clomid didn't work for me as it is fat soluble. I suggest for anyone overweight to try femara (letrizol). I ovulated on my second month at 7.5mg. My period is late (well with pcos it is hard to say but it's late compared to the length of last cycle) so I am waiting another week to rest. So far BFN but I may not have enough hcg.

I was diagnosed with pcos 19 years ago. Back then I was barely over weight and only 18 so nothing was done. They didn't have the Internet the same way as it is now and info was minimal. Because of pcos my cycles are all over the place and I gained over 100 lbs. For me, losing weight won't help me get pregnant because I was not fertile when I was 100 lbs lighter. BUT being overweight with pcos has caused a host of issues. I was put on metformin for insulin resistance but the side effects were so horrific we stopped. A low carb diet is what will help lose weight and control the insulin resistance that comes with pcos. Don't be afraid of healthy fats and veggie carbs. Clomid didn't work for me as it is fat soluble. I suggest for anyone overweight to try femara (letrizol). I ovulated on my second month at 7.5mg. My period is late (well with pcos it is hard to say but it's late compared to the length of last cycle) so I am waiting another week to rest. So far BFN but I may not have enough hcg.

I was thin 120 pounds on 5'4 frame when we were NTNP for 3 years with my first daughter I am guessing not ovulating had to do with my diet, not my weight, because I moved in with a friend for a short month that was into eating very healthy no sugars, high protien , a month later got back together with my boyfriend/fiancée and found out right after our wedding that I was 8 weeks pregnant so I must have ovulated and conceived right after the healthy diet.

I was told I likely never ovulated since getting my period for the first time. :( so diet wasn't a thing with me. But that isn't to say it isn't for others. I had a friend that every time she dropped 30 lbs she got pregnant. After the 4th time she stopped losing weight. Ah if only it were that simple eh? But I know losing weight will help with the drugs because they are fat soluble and work better at a healthy weight.

Yes its different for everyone, for some diet changes and weight loss can help for others is not a easy fix and fertility drugs are needed to ovulate. I have found I respond better to fertility drugs when I am not overweight. but again its different for everyone.:dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->