What was your weight gain from start until 26 weeks?

I'm 24 weeks and haven't gained anything this time - but I'm overweight to begin with and definitely not purposely avoiding weight gain. I followed my hunger cues exactly the same way with my son and I don't remember exactly how much I'd gained at 28 weeks, but it was enough to get me a talking to from my midwife. I think I gained 40 lbs total with him. I really think that unless you're eating nothing but cake every day, the body does what it's going to do in pregnancy and there's no use stressing over it as long as your diet is reasonably healthy.

I'm 24 weeks and haven't gained anything this time - but I'm overweight to begin with and definitely not purposely avoiding weight gain. I followed my hunger cues exactly the same way with my son and I don't remember exactly how much I'd gained at 28 weeks, but it was enough to get me a talking to from my midwife. I think I gained 40 lbs total with him. I really think that unless you're eating nothing but cake every day, the body does what it's going to do in pregnancy and there's no use stressing over it as long as your diet is reasonably healthy.

That's basically my view on it as well. Some days I'm more hungry than others, and on those days I eat more. Some days I'm not hungry at all, and I'm eating pretty much exactly as I did pre-pregnancy. I'm basically following my body's cues here, with maybe a little extra attention to be mindful of my snacks on those days where I can't stop eating. I do have more of a sweet tooth than I've ever had before, so I try to limit my "dessert" type snacks to be reasonable. But other than that I'm not paying much attention to it.

Honestly - my insides are starting to feel so squished that sometimes it's difficult to eat anything. I constantly feel as though I've just had Thanksgiving dinner! I can't believe there's still 16 weeks to go!

I agree with the previous poster. Eat when you are hungry and try to make decent choices, but it's okay to splurge on occasion too. Your body knows what it is doing. As long as you aren't gaining a TON of weight or notice a huge jump in a short amount of time (because that can signal pre-eclampsia), I really wouldn't worry about. I am fairly overweight with a BMI of 32. I gained 7 pounds total with my daughter and I'm sitting at -1 pounds at 20 weeks with my son right now. I clearly don't need to gain any extra weight so my body is doing what it needs to do. I wouldn't stress over it unless your doctor feels concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->