What were the first signs you were about to miscarry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jerseyshoregirl

So, I'm waiting to miscarry...I have been spotting/bleeding brown for about a week and 1/2 now. I just found out the news yesterday that chances are the baby did not make it. I will get the confirmation blood test results this morning and then I will need to make a decision - m/c naturally or get a D&C. I plan to schedule a D&C, but deep-down hope to m/c naturally before the appointment if it meant to happen that way.

I am curious...what were the first signs you had that gave you an indication you were about to m/c? And how long did they last until you finally did? And how long did it take for the entire m/c to happen?

I'm scared, I'm tired, I'm sad... many, many emotions all at the same time. I had no idea I would be feeling this way as little as two weeks ago :(

JM

Oh sweetheart, I am so so very sorry to hear your news.

With mine, I had diahoerra a few days before and a yellow discharge. I then got some brown discharge (only slight) and by the evening, it turned to dark brown blood. I then had cramps and the rest is history.

It lasted from the start of the brown discharge to the end about 2-3 days. I found that a nice hot bath helped with the cramps.

If you need to chat, PM me. My heart goes out to you.

Please look after yourself and hugs x

Hi Sweetpea,

I was 'lucky' from the day the spotting happened, I had MC naturally the very next day. The bleeding just got heavier and heavier, eventually I passed the sac :cry: Not much longer after the sac had been passed (day or 2), the bleeding subsided. I was not in very much pain. Like I say I was 'lucky' to have such an easy time with it all.

My thoughts are with you.

:hug:

Kerry

So sorry you are going through this experience.
With me i had some brown spotting on the Tuesday with some cramps and then Wednesday morning i woke up with full flow red blood and cramps were worse. Had scan on Thursday to confirm was MC and then on the Sunday morning i passed the sac, bleeding subsided a few days later.

So sorry to hear the sad news about your mc Sweetpea 1106 :cry:

I had no signs of mc last year, I went for my 10 week scan and was told baby had died 3 weeks earlier! I still had all the pregnancy symptoms..this is known as a missed mc (I then had an ERPC).

This year I had spotting for a day at 7 weeks which stopped then started again at 9 weeks, they scanned me at 9 weeks and baby had died at 8 weeks! Another week went by with me spotting and hoping that my body would go on to mc naturally but it didnt so I opted for medical management (tablets).
I wanted to believe that my body would do it naturally but after mc last year when my body didnt do anything for 3 weeks, I decided I couldn't go on for weeks not knowing when it would happen as I wanted to hide and not see anyone because I could not cope knowing what was inside me. I put my life on hold until the physical aspects of mc was over. (I was told some unfortunate women can take weeks and weeks for their body to realise baby has died and 'finish the process' ....sorry..tmi!) I know this is not nice to hear but just wanted to let you know that mc can happen in so many different ways, we all deal with it differently to get through it all but I feel that the one thing we have in common is that it leaves us all sad and devastated!

Thinking of you

:hug:

Hey there with first degree hindsight the first sign was that my boobs went back to normal in an instant. I posted about it on the Friday or Satursday and was told symptoms come and go, so I i tried not to panic.

14 June (sat) I had the tiniest bit of a spot in my underwear,
15 June (sun) a few spots on tmy underwear
16 June (Mon) no bleeding or anything so thought it had just been a silly scare.
17 June (Tues) started to bleed like a light period and went to the doc. He called EPAU who said they wouldn't see me until Friday 20 June.
17-21/22 June (tues till weekend) blood flow was red but not heavy
21-25 (weekend till wed) blood was brown
26 June Finally got a scan nearly two weeks after the initial signs, absolutely nothing showing up on an internal scan. Felt relief as at least I knew after so long of hoping. This tied in with blood tests which had shown hcg levels staying at around the 500 mark.

from 26th June till 15 July I've been going back every two or three days to to get my blood test taken. Because the hcg fell so slowly there was fear of an ectopic, but that never came to anything thankfully. As of yesterday my levels were still 24 but i'm now showing negative on a pregnany test. I've been told my period may take up to six weeks from when the hcg finally leaves my system which will likely be next week sometime.

So all in all my miscarriage has taken almost 5 weeks to complete and it may be another 6 before I get a period. But on the positive side, no surgery and no physical pain.

So sorry to hear this hun :hugs:

But im afraid everyone's experience is gonna be different, my 1st miscarriage happened at 10.5wks but I had been spotting on & off since 6wks.

I had reassurance scans at 8wks & 10wks which showed growth so I was given hope that it was just a false alarm, but unfortunately a few days later I started to pass large clots... I knew I was miscarrying but was shocked by the amount of blood.

I went to hospital & was examined by the gynea doc who told me my cervix was still closed so it was possibly just a 'threatened miscarriage' and i was admitted for observation.

I was in pain & continued losing very large clots & eventually passed the entire sack in the early hours of the morning, so although I knew I was gonna miscarry for a few weeks - the actual period from the time I started passing clots until it was all over probably lasted about 10hrs.

As I said earlier tho.... every experience is different & a lot depends on how far along you are etc...

I hope this isn't too graphic for you as I really don't wanna upset you - but I wish someone had told me what to expect before it happened to me :hugs:

Hope you are ok xx

Firstly, I'm sending you a big :hugs: and I feel your pain. Mine is still pretty raw at this moment but 6 days on, I am thinking positive.

My first m/c I started spotting brown blood which then turned to bright red bleeding about 3 days later, I continued to bleed then spot for 2/3 days. I had no pain with this m/c.

The m/c last week started in the morning with watery blood which turned quickly (within 2/3 hours) to red heavy bleeding. I had bad cramping that same night and continued to bleed the next day and cramps were still there but not as bad. I spotted for about 3 days after.

Both times, there was a tell tale sign for me in the way of really low back ache, like toothache but in my back. I got this a week or so before 1st m/c and on the day of 2nd m/c.

Both were very different experiences but both as heartbreaking.

My thoughts are with you hon, take care of yourself. :hug:

Sweetpea,
Sending you hugs to try to help you through this difficult time.
My first signs of MC were that all my PG symtoms, which had been very strong, just vanished one day. I'd had pelvic pain during the PG, and they had scheduled an early scan for me. I already just "knew" all was not right. At the scan my LO had no heartbeat and my hCG level was falling when they tested my blood.
I did not start bleeding until almost a week later, and then MCed naturally.
Thinking of you,
xxxx

Firstly, sending your hugs.
I had a m/c on 18th May and it began with brown spotting a week before my m/c. I had a scan and they told me that everything was fine. The following week, the brown spotting started again along with bleeding and clots. I also passed my LO. I went back for another scan that they told me that there was nothing there. I was "lucky" as I had no pain and the bleeding only lasted for about 5 days. Take care xx

Cramping and spotting...also complete loss of pregnancy symptoms.

It was strange...my symptoms completely disappeared in an instant and I felt "nothing". I wonder how that can be seeing as I know there is still hcg in my body.

Looking back as I keep a record of any headache, I had one like 3 days before, light spotting, passed a large clot(sac maybe) few ours after then just like AF.

No pains, no tell tale, just bled .

Thoughts are with all who have suffered, it's hard but always look to the future

Hi

I'm really sorry, I know exactly how you feel and how alone you can feel in this process.

I miscarried in April I was 13 weeks pregnant and due to go for a scan on the Tuesday when I started with brown spotting on the Sat. By Sunday morning it was bright red blood so I went straight to A and E. They admitted me to a ward and I miscarried my baby naturally. The experience was more mentally terrible than physically.

I am now TTC again and at the conclusion that unfortunately and for whatever reason things happen and there isn't anything you can do to stop it. Just remember that even though there are dark days there is always hope.

Linzi
xx

To be honest, I didn't even realize that I was miscarrying. I went to the washroom in the morning and had dark brown spotting. I convinced myself that some bleeding/spotting is normal in pregnancy (which it is) and that this was all that was happening................Hours later I was keeled over on the couch with cramps. It was my husband that convinced me to go to the hospital. Just before we left, I started bleeding bright red. I then "knew".

I can remember how scared and panicked I was on our drive to emergency. I don't wish that pain on anyone, I'm sorry that you had to go through this. Take care of yourself. Everyone on this site is so kind and caring. This forum has really helped me through a lot of emotions: sadness, pain & anger (that was a big one). Feel free to "let it out", we're hear to listen.

Big :hug:
Take care

hi there i am new to this site so bare with me. i have a 4 yr old son which took me 3 yrs to conceive him. we then started trying straight away and 4 years later still had no luck, so was refered to fertility and put on a drug called chlomid. i was due my period friday but didnt come on which is unusual so did a pregnancy test and it came up positive. as you can imagin me and my husband were so happy, beyond words. i am now only 4 w 4 days pregant.

however last night i went to toilet a notice pink water type coulour on the tissue, so went to bed and this morning i started to bleed.
when i wipe myself its a lot of bright red blood on the tissue and have period pains but nothing painfull. however on my sanitry towel there is hardly any blood there.
i have seen the dr who told me i could be bleeding for a number of reasons such as implantation bleeding, maybe i released 2 eggs and only one fertilised or maybe im one of the few who bleed through out their pregnancy. or last reason is im starting to m/c.
i am having my blood taken tommorrow and again on friday to see if my hormone level is increasing, if it is then its good news but if its de creasing i am having a m/c
i am still going for a wee every hour it seems and am still feeling so sick and nauseaous which is a good sign so fingers crossed all is well..............
if any one else has had similar experiences please write back, as right now im so up set and gutted especially after 4 years if trying but as my husband says we cant do anything now until monday....................................

I had no spotting, I remember going to the toilet and was bleeding heavily, I miscarried about 3hrs later :(

So, I'm waiting to miscarry...I have been spotting/bleeding brown for about a week and 1/2 now. I just found out the news yesterday that chances are the baby did not make it. I will get the confirmation blood test results this morning and then I will need to make a decision - m/c naturally or get a D&C. I plan to schedule a D&C, but deep-down hope to m/c naturally before the appointment if it meant to happen that way.

I am curious...what were the first signs you had that gave you an indication you were about to m/c? And how long did they last until you finally did? And how long did it take for the entire m/c to happen?

I'm scared, I'm tired, I'm sad... many, many emotions all at the same time. I had no idea I would be feeling this way as little as two weeks ago :(

JM

Sorry to hear this...if you don't have any cramps/pain then you may be worrying about nothing babe. Make sure they check properly and maybe do a scan too before you go ahead with any procedure.

When I miscarried...I just knew, I had really nasty cramps for a few days before the bleeding started but I just "knew":cry:. My bleeding was quite heavy and very red too. Yours may just be implantation bleeding....hopefully:hugs::hug:

Oops, just notice that this was from ages ago....I wonder what the out come was?:blush:

:hug: for you hun i'm so sorry your going through this.

The first sign i had that i was m/c was bleeding (bright red) it slowed down to spotting, the same night i got some more bleeding (heavy) and past a few clots and then the sac. Lost smaller clots for a few days after and then bleeding stopped completely about 10 days after that.

I hope you are ok and i'm thinking of you. I understand what your going through. It's so hard and painful and it feels so unfair. If you need to know anymore or you want to chat please PM me hun :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"