What were the weight differences between your babies

DD1 6lb 12 oz, born at 38 weeks
DD2 6lbs 5 oz born at 37 weeks

My son was 7lbs 4oz at 40+6.
My daughter was 7lbs 15oz at 39+2, but I had gestational diabetes with her. If her weight centiles matched her length like her brothers did at birth she'd have been about 6lbs 9oz I reckon.

I hope you read this minties as I've been curious/worried this baby is going to be huge, I'm 31 weeks and I have GD as well (first time) I've been able to manage so far and believe I'll be able to make it until the end as I'm managing with a low carb diet, were you on medication for your GD? Do you mind me asking your average 1 hr post meal numbers?
I'm thinking if I go early like I have previously I maybe have a chance at not having a huge baby, but with the GD and this one being a boy, I'm a little nervous!

I did read your post! I was worried Sophie would be massive, they reckoned 10lbs from growth scans.

My GD wasn't picked up till around 33 weeks, and I got my glucose meter around 34.5 weeks. Post meal numbers were too high about half the time (I don't recall actual numbers as it was a while ago). I started metformin at 37 weeks so was only on it briefly. I wasn't on a low carb diet, just low fat, which seems silly now (I conquered pre diabetes this year on high carb low fat).

Sophie was chunky, but still looked small, she was only 47cm long.

Thanks ladies. It sounds like there may be some truth to this. At least the odds of me going from a 6lb baby at 40+5 to 10lb seems pretty slim, unless there's another contributing factor like GD in play, which I was never tested for sooo.. that IS a possibility I guess, but not very likely. My dr said since I've not had glucose in the urine and I'm not measuring ahead on the outside, odds are pretty slim. I will be happy as long as she is healthy and there are no complications during her birth.

DD 38w2d 5lbs2oz
DS 37w 5lbs9oz
DS 36w 6lbs6oz
According to my US this baby is just like my last, a little bigger <3

DD1 6lb 12 oz, born at 38 weeks
DD2 6lbs 5 oz born at 37 weeks

My son was 7lbs 4oz at 40+6.
My daughter was 7lbs 15oz at 39+2, but I had gestational diabetes with her. If her weight centiles matched her length like her brothers did at birth she'd have been about 6lbs 9oz I reckon.

I hope you read this minties as I've been curious/worried this baby is going to be huge, I'm 31 weeks and I have GD as well (first time) I've been able to manage so far and believe I'll be able to make it until the end as I'm managing with a low carb diet, were you on medication for your GD? Do you mind me asking your average 1 hr post meal numbers?
I'm thinking if I go early like I have previously I maybe have a chance at not having a huge baby, but with the GD and this one being a boy, I'm a little nervous!

I did read your post! I was worried Sophie would be massive, they reckoned 10lbs from growth scans.

My GD wasn't picked up till around 33 weeks, and I got my glucose meter around 34.5 weeks. Post meal numbers were too high about half the time (I don't recall actual numbers as it was a while ago). I started metformin at 37 weeks so was only on it briefly. I wasn't on a low carb diet, just low fat, which seems silly now (I conquered pre diabetes this year on high carb low fat).

Sophie was chunky, but still looked small, she was only 47cm long.

Thanks! This is very reassuring to me, mine was diagnosed early on (around 14 weeks) but I did/have done a good job of keeping my numbers under control. The highest I've ever had was in the low 160s, but that only happened once and I've heard of some women going into the 200s so I'm hoping I've done well enough to where I won't have a massive baby ;)

39w 6d 7lbs 11oz
39w 1d 6lbs 7oz

I am hoping that this last baby will be around same weight as my youngest as I ain't looking forward to have a big baby as I had difficult time to push my eldest out!

At my last growth scan at 34w and the baby was around 5lbs 3oz I think. Xxx

37.1- 5lb 10oz
40.4- 8lb 3oz
40.4- 8lb 6oz
40.4- 7lb 2oz

I hope this one come on 40.4 too heheeheheheee

1st was 9lbs4oz at 41+5, second was 9lbs7oz at 42 weeks so pretty similar sizes for gestation.

Ds1 born at 40 weeks and 9.5 lbs
Ds2 born at 40 weeks and 10.4 lbs
Dd1 due November 11th and estimated to be smaller.

Huge babies run in my family! My cousins first girl was 11 something! I'm measuring right on track with her and ob said she's probably going to be average size. I'm going to ask for a growth scan at my appt. next week to get an idea.

DD born at 40+3 8lb6.5
DD born at 40+13 8lb9
DS born at 40+4 8lb15
DS born at 40+5 8lb12.5

Dd1 8lb14 40+2
Dd2 10lb 2 41+6

I am expecting a similar size depending on gestation length.

Ds1 9lb 7 38+2

Yep, similar sized baby. Arrived a bit earlier than his sisters but a big boy nonetheless.

My DS1 was born at 38+5 weighing 8lb1oz.
My DS2 was born at 38+2 weighing 7lb7oz.

Both boys were measuring in the 50th percentile at their scans. You just never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->