What were you doing when you went into labour?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Well as the title asks, what were you doing when you went into labour? Were you active or just lazing around?

haha ya gunna try anything aren`t you? well you might already know but i spent the day in town than went out to pizza hut than went home and tried to sleep and bam the only night i wanted to sleep my waters bloody well brake

Lol shut up Hayley. I am actually curious, I want to know if the majority of women went into labour while relaxing or active. Then i'll know what to do more of, lol. As long as it's while Jenni is on of course.

lol i`d try active through the day relax by night not over active though just enough to sort to make sure you don`t feel like your just sitting on your bum

I woke up, did the dishes (I was leaking but didn't know) went to go online and WOOSH!

Then I shaved my legs, ate...and went to the hospital :)

Lol, glad you got your priorities right before going into hospital Carley!

I dont think mine counts as I was induced, so obviously I was in hospital.

My waters started leaking while I was working at a 7 a side football league

Induced with #1

Was in prodromal labor for 2 weeks then two days prior to my due date, my waters broke at midnight just as OH ans I were settling down for sleep.

well i was laying on the coach and big brother was just about to come on and i had a pain then i moved slightly and felt a gush of water went to the loo and sat there for 15mins while my waters continued to drain.:cloud9::happydance:

I went into slow labour at my OH's graduation ceremony. Was having proper contractions when I got home as I was talking to my friend who had come round.

I was havin niggles wen i woke up in the morning but i was in asda wen i was havin proper contractions so came home n bounced on my ball!!!

Well me and OH had just had sex, I prompted a pillow under me..(maybe tmi sorry) and swtiched on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. Contractions started seconds later :D x

i was in bed, could not sleep all night for some reason then 6.30am just as OH was going out the door 2 work gush my waters broke so i had 2 shout 2 my OH out the bedroom window that he would not be going to work and to come back in the house lol! was 3 weeks early so was a suprise :) x

i was laid in bed awake with back ache. Id had a sweep the day before and at 0245am i heard two popping sounds. I decided to nip to the loo, but hadnt got out the bedroom door before my waters gushed out. Had to run to the bathroom, and then run back with a towel between my legs to wake DH - lol - and then contractions started within the hour, and had full on labour for 21 hours!

I was sitting watching TV when I felt a pop...thought what was that?! Waters started leaking...the pop was the strangest thing ever! I was booked in for a section the next day so wasnt very good!

My waters broke in the middle of the night when I'd gotten up to use the washroom :D

At 4am I woke up with really bad period pains - after laying awake for ages got up after an hour or so and bounced on my gym ball, then started getting contractions at about 8am-ish.

So I suppose I was relaxing at the time (I was 2 days overdue tho)

I was watching The Hockey playoffs then Ramsay's kitchen nightmare and moaning that my pains were getting really really painful!!!!:rofl:

Been shopping on boxing day & had a continuous pain all day.
Next day woke up with contractions so i cleaned the house, then made my way to my 38wk MW appointment. All i kept thinking was keep moving so it dosent stop. Got sent to day unit & didnt come home without my baby!

with my first i was just pottering round the house and wooosh, my waters broke. No signs beforehand or anything!!

with my second i was in bed and woke up with a really bad pain, wasnt sure whether i was in labour or really needed a poo!! turned out it was contractions. hadnt felt right all day though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->