What were you doing when you went into labour?

Well maybe theres hope for me..
So far today i've swept the floor (big deal coz its a huge house), cleaned the toilets and bathroom (including my parents ensuite), washed the cats dish and done 2 loads of washing; all before 10:30.

I was in labor for 3 days. Doc did a sweep on Thurs afternoon and Friday I started having contractions, they just weren't close enough apart. I went tag sale-ing over Saturday and spent most of sunday on my exercise ball crying and praying she would come out soon...went to the hosp on Sunday at 10pm and she was born Monday at 5pm

I was quite active for the first bit. Walking around but when it got too much i had my pethidine shot and was out of it! Couldn't be active with that in me! :rofl: Gooood stuff :rofl:

I was chatting away in the BnB chat room last Thursday night.... started in labour at 11.45pm with mild period pains..... was still in the chat room chatting at 1.30am and I gave birth to Rihanna at 6.56am on Friday lol xxx

I can finally add mine in!!
Mine's not exciting though, I was asleep. Woke up at 1:30am with mild, irregular contractions. They became regular about 7:30 and had Savannah at 1:30pm.

Spent all of the Wednesday helping DH finish decorate the house, (from 8.00am til 10pm) as I was due to be induced the next day. We settled down on the settee when we eventually finished & I had a funny pain in my side, DH was sleeping so woke him to go to bed. Slept all night & woke at 6am with a 'stomach ache' - thought 'great - all I need on induction day!' & lay there for an hr trying to get comfortable, got up at 7am to have a shower, & the pain was getting worse - thoughts of 'maybe I MAY be in labour' came to mind. The pain continued to worsen as I got out of the shower there was about 6mins between each contraction, but I was still unsure as i started to straighten my hair:dohh: Woke DH up to say I am feeling pain, he says 'Os it pain or contractions?' & I'm unsure! So he called my mum to see what we should do, as I was booked to go in at 9.00am anyway:rofl: She said to call hospital to see what they say - managed to speak to them mid contraction (pain was getting a lot worse now!) & they told me to try to come in for 9am as they had no beds available anyway:dohh::hissy:
My dad came straight to the house to pick us up - by then there was no interval between contractions - I wanted to go to the hospital with no trousers on as I was in too much pain to put them on, but DH managed to get them on me somehow :rofl: It took forever to get throught the traffic to get to the hospital - my mouth was bone dry with nothing packed to drink,I broke my flip flops flexing my feet with the pain, so when we finally got to the hospital I had to go in barefoot:blush: My DH got me a wheelchair & got me to the maternity ward, who took one look at me, got a MW to check me - who said 'you ARE well onyour way aren't you?' & got me straight into the delivery room. I had just enough time to get my nighty on when I felt a dribble of water, which I thought were my waters breaking - BOY was I WRONG!!!!! Tried Gas & air which made me feel sick so chucked it & had Jack at 9.42am:happydance: Sorry just realised got a bit carried away - sounds more like a 'birth story', so wound it up at the end:rofl:

My waters started leaking a tiny little bit in the theatre, i was seeing angela carters the bloody chamber lol, and i didnt realise, i just asumed it was very watery discharge because there was so little of it.
Then we went to burger king for some chips after the show and woosh lol
I was so hoping to have him there, free burgers for life haha.

I'd gone to bed, had a relaxing day and was hoping to get a good nights sleep. woke up for the loo, and suddenly felt wet-wiped and saw jelly like show and then gush....all happened so quickly after that....had him just a few hours later!

keely.x

I was in slow labour for a week! But on the night when I went into established labour I was getting ready to go for a chinese with my family but in the end I decided against it as the contractions were getting too strong. No one else believed me though and they all went out anyway! lol But I had spent most the day relaxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->