What were your impressions of Olympic opening ceremony

Very proud to be British! It was amazing, a lot of thought and effort went in to it, and it sure showed! :thumbup:

I thought it was really amazing, neither DF or I were expecting much and it takes A LOT to make DF feel patriotic but it did the job!
I thought it was so well done, british theatrics at its best!
Very glad it was a big two fingers up to the conservatives !
Danny Boyle is definitely a legend! I think the people who didn't like it maybe didn't understand the history? It was done so cleverly !

I loved it. The thing was Beijing was amazing, we couldnt complete in that style so we had to do something completely different, which this was.

I thought it was really amazing, neither DF or I were expecting much and it takes A LOT to make DF feel patriotic but it did the job!
I thought it was so well done, british theatrics at its best!
Very glad it was a big two fingers up to the conservatives !
Danny Boyle is definitely a legend! I think the people who didn't like it maybe didn't understand the history? It was done so cleverly !

:thumbup:

I completely agree dani_tinks I probably didn't understand the history well I understand there was an industrial revolution but not alot more than that. I feel it went over my head rather than being terrible

I absolutely loved it! I find ceremonies like Beijing and Athens a bit boring - I didn't really get a current 'culture' feel from them which is what the UK one was brimming with. God it was so, so much better than I expected (and I love Danny Boyle so I was expecting a lot). Granted my least favourite bit was the mobile phone story but I thought the reveal of the first man to ever create a webpage was absolutely brilliant. The rivers of lava, Kenneth Branagh was excellent (all his facial impressions were perfect for the feel of it), the lit up beds. I'm definitely the sort of person who looks for the little details more than the full picture though .

I thought it was brilliant, my OH and I sat through the whole thing (we're Kiwis) and I think it was the first time I have ever watched a full opening ceremony start to end.

As soon as we realised it was going to be a history of England we had a great time trying to guess what bits Danny Boyle would put in, and naming all the things we recognised (okay, yes, we are nerds). And I even had tears in my eyes in a couple of parts, which may be something to do with the pregnancy.

Definitely an opening ceremony to be proud of.

I really enjoyed it. It was fun and entertaining to watch.

I'm wondering what Americans thought of the health care bit, considering it's a hot issue there right now.

Also, everyone is comparing it to the Beijing opening ceremony. What about the most recent Olympics in Vancouver!?

I didn't really like the first part of it. Thought it dragged on a bit and actually changed channel for about 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->