What will stress do to the baby?

bumpno1

Reaction score
I've recently found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately my partner has decided to leave me and the past 3 days have been full of arguements and stress. I'm really worried that this may have affected the baby, as I've been having slight mild cramps/'feelings' in my stomach and I'm not sure if its normal or not.
This is my pregnancy and I'm terried something will go wrong now.

I'm very sorry about what happened :( But congrats on your pregnancy!!

There is nothing proven that stress will cause harm to your baby, though it's never recommended becuase it does raise blood pressure, etc. Cramps in early pregnancy are VERY normal (your body is preparing to carry a baby!) - there is no cause for concern unless they are unbearable or accompanied by bleeding. Not sure where you are located, but definitely speak to your OB or midwife about any concerns you have. :hugs:

I'm so sorry - what a horrible thing to happen at this time. Stress releases hormones which can affect the baby, but this is highly unlikely to do much damage. I found that worrying about my stress levels just made me more stressed.
Don't worry about the mild cramps feeling - that's good news, it's just stretching. It only becomes a bad sign if they get really painful - you'll know the difference.
Try not to worry - and I hope you feel happier soon - he sounds like he may not have been the best dad anyway (sorry if I'm being presumptuous here).
xx

Oh, i'm so sorry to hear that. How horrible for you. Cramps at 5 weeks is perfectly normal. I had constant cramps and twinges at that stage, not really painful but always there if you know what i mean? (with the ocassional sharp one)
I've just done a bit of Google-ing and it looks to me that it's later on in pregnancy that stress can affect the babies development (said 17 weeks in one article). I think at this stage it's all about keeping your blood pressure regular.
Have you had your first midwife/doctor appointment yet? they might be better to advise you for the long term?
So sorry you are going through such upset. So easy to say, but try to keep calm and get your feet up... :hugs:

thankyou:) yeah i know what you mean thats what mine are like, more like twinges Im not sure how to expain it but theyre not painful.
I was thinking about booking a 4D scan to give me peace of mind, is 5 weeks too early for this?

hey im so sorry to hear this to i can imagine its a very stressful time for you ..... if u go for a 4d scan i would wait till at least 7 weeks as u should definately be able to see baby and heartbeat :) xxxx

Im trying not to get any more stressed but it isnt easy. I need to concentrate on the baby now and make sure I do all the right things. its not fair that hes done this but i wont let it affect my baby. im glad to know that the cramps/twinges are normal I will be able to relax alot more now:) thankyou.

and lilli thats the name ive chosen if its a girl:) (spelt lily)

Hey Bumpno1,
Very good name choice! :) I'm actually Lillian but only really get called that when i've done something naughty!
I've found this website to be such a fantastic outlet over the past couple of months, such a relief to be able to hear from real people that are going through strange body changes too.
Take care of yourself and baby,
:hugs:

im always stressed n shout at my bf for no reason sometime n feel really guilty but thats not gna harm the baby is it i think im 3 or 5 weeks still havnt been doctors yet ... but fingers crosssed everything runs smoothly ...

congradulations everyone
xxxx
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back