• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'What will you do if he needs a feed?'

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Er, feed him :dohh:

My mum is great in so many ways but she seems to have such a dim view of breastfeeding. We had lunch with her cousin and her husband today which was lovely, but my mum was clearly so concerned over whether someone would be offended in the restaurant. She asked me if I could be discreet. I said well I wasn't planning on waving my boob in people's faces. I think she was angling for me to go feed hin in the car.

Sure enough he needed a feed and she fussed around me trying to hide us with a muslin. I suspect she drew much more attention with the flipping muslin than me popping him on without it.

In the end I told her to sit down because I couldn't give two hoots what anyone thought. And guess what nobody looked twice at us :dohh:

Oh dear!! My husband was like that the first time I NIP. He said 'don't you want to cover up with a muslin?' Because I would look so much less noticeable covered in a huge white cloth when I'm wearing dark clothes!

Well done for sticking up for yourself :) it's hard when people don't get it!

Urgh, nobody even notices bfing a littley usually. A huge, wriggly toddler maybe.

I'm sure fussing around with the muslin would have the opposite effect Lol. Good for you for sticking up for yourself!

I feel a lot more confident when i dont cover up!! Was at a garden party yesterday and thought id try my new nursing cover...nightmare!! Took so long faffing about with it and trying to get a screaming wriggling baby to latch :-(

Not just me then! I know, I felt much more noticeable with her fussing around us.

My DH was like that to start with rose, he soon stopped saying things like that when I gave him a few withering looks and asked him if he'd like to eat under a blanket. I wear two tops as well so once Milo is on you really can't see a thing.

Nursing covers draw soooooo much attention. They just scream.... "if you look really closely and keep looking maybe you will see my boobie". Two top trick is best, most of the time people don't even realise your feeding.

In fairness sometimes I've just wapped em out over the top of my clothes and no one had batted an eyelid. Probably cos the large baby shaped thing eating the boobie tends to obscure the view.

I did the two top trick today when I was out and not one person blinked an eye.

I have a cover but have never used it as I know it'd draw more attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->