What will your baby look like?

AJR14

Reaction score
Here's a fun STRESSFREE thread! My hubby is hispanic. So darker skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. Me on the other hand! I have bright red hair, pale skin that does not tan, and my eyes are a bluish, greenish, grayish color? Depends who you ask lol. (I say gray blue). I know ALL my genes are recessive but it's still fun to think about. Our baby has a 66% chance of brown eyes, 20% blue, and 13% green. The mutant red hair gene has to be passed on by both sides so the percentage is nonexistant but miracles happen ;).

Heres the link, let us know!
https://www.divinecaroline.com/life-etc/predicting-what-your-baby-will-look

https://genetics.thetech.org/online-exhibits/what-color-eyes-will-your-children-have

And what about you guys?! Any fun differences between you and OH? Or any kids thats totally surprised you? Would love to hear about it!

my first lo takes after me in hair colour and looks very like me and my sister as children, she has blue eyes like both me and dh. Our second baby I would guess blue eyes, saying that I have 2 blue eyed parents and my little sister has brown eyes. My DH has brown hair, I have blonde, as I said both blue eyes, both pale skin though mine paler than dh, dh has a slight curl to hair, my first lo has ringlets. Im not sure she will keep them as me and sisters had similar and all have strait hair now. She doesent have super curly hair, it is more like someone has curled it lol. I wonder if this one will have dark hair. Mine and lo's hair is pretty much exact same shade. It will be interesting to see if number 2 looks like lo number 1.

My DD looks like a miniature copy of her dad. He's Asian and I'm white. I guess his genes are very strong :) I'm guessing this one will look like him too :rofl:

What a cute thread!
Well I had a little look at your resources, it says baby has a 50/50 chance of green or blue eyes, but I think it is more likely to be blue because more of our family have blue eyes.
Although we are both white, my partners hair is near enough affro, very curly and frizzy and it says there that curly is a dominant gene which I believe so probably curly! I think they will have brown hair that is midway light and dark when they have grown up.
Also that sight said plump lips were dominant, so it may have my lips hehehe.
So light brown curly hair, blue eyes, pale skin, oh.. and dimples!
Thanks for the fun! <3

I can tell you how it actually did work out for us!

My OH is mixed race, European and Maori. His mother has green eyes, his dad dark brown. OH has gorgeous light hazel eyes, lots of green and amber. He tans instantly. He has very dark hair.

I am pale with blue eyes and medium brown hair. I was blonde with curls as a baby.

Thomas has golden easily tanned skin, dark hazel eyes, and full lips like his dad. His eyes were dark from birth. His hair is slightly wavy when long. He has a cute nose!

Sophie has dark hazel (brown and grey) eyes. They were blue for 11 weeks. Her hair is golden ash brown and straight as an arrow. She has her dad's round nose tip and my smaller lips. She also tans in the blink of an eye. She's short like me and has my butt!

My oh has sandy hair, blue eyes and pale skin. I have slightly darker red hair, blue eyes, pale skin and freckles and our dd??..... She has pale red hair, blue eyes and pale skin. Shock horror! The only uncertainty is height, he's 6ft 3 and I'm 5ft 1!!

Ooh I used to work in a shop and a family came in. He was very ginger and tubby and pale and she looked phillipino. Dark and petite and beautiful. They had twins, a boy and a girl, the boy looked just like his mum, the girl just like her dad. Bizarre!!

My dh has dark hair, and sky blue eyes. I have blonde hair, and blue-green eyes.
First child-dark hair, blue green eyes
Second child-blonde hair, sky blue eyes
Third child-blonde hair, blue green eyes

So the fourth should have dark hair and sky blue eyes, lol.

That generator doesn't work on my phone! But I will use it on the computer on a bit!

OH's eyes are green and mine are grey blue green . OH's hair is dirty blonde (almost white when he lived in Cali as a kid) and my hair is medium brown . His hair is very curly and my hair is straight and slightly wavy. I am paper white and rarely tan and he is slightly tan and tans very easily. I'm sooo excited to see what out baby looks like.

Also bright red hair runs in his family!

We have a 75% chance of brown eyes, 14.6% chance of green eyes, and 10.3% chance of blue eyes. Boy would be around 5'9" and girl would be around 5'6". Hair should be dark brown/black, as both of us have super dark hair. Am hoping for curly haired babies as DH has the most beautiful curls. And I just looked up and found out curly is a dominant trait (I thought it was recessive for some reason). So hopefully our babe will have amazing curls :)

My DH is 6ft 2 with dark hair,lovely brown eyes and tans no problem (he also has ringlets if he grows it) I have a dirty blonde hair (was blonde as a child) and blue eyes I'm 5ft 1 (and a bit) and I have thick wavy hair.
DS- Dirty blonde hair (but was brown when he was born) with thick hair and brown eyes.
DD- dark brown hair, brown eyes and thick curly hair.

So this time we are hoping for a brown eyes baby with blonde hair.

Also my dad has red hair but me and my brother both had blonde hair and blue eyes even though my mum has dark hair and dark eyes

I'm very pale with blonde hair (was pure white as a kid) and eyes that look blue, green or grey depending on the lighting but I'd say mostly green in natural lighting.

My husband is very pale with dark brown hair and piercing, ice blue eyes. He was white blonde as a child too.

Apparently out child has a 70% chance of green eyes, 30% blue.

They'll definitely be short - I'm 5ft 2in and my husband isn't much taller.

I have a photo of me and a photo of my husband at a similar age and we look incredibly similar!

Well i don't know the eye colour of my husband's parents but, regardless, it comes up saying baby has 100% chance of blue eyes. Hubby's eyes vary between grey, blue, to a light green so i put in blue for him as the closest match. i guess there is a chance it may vary.

My ex had green eyes, i have blue and my DD has green/hazel eyes but they are shaped like mine. DD has blonde hair, which we weren't expecting as i have dark brown and ex..well, he was bald, but there was no blonde in either of our families!

I imagine, if a boy, he will resemble the cheeky looks of his dad and i imagine a girl will look a little like my dd but maybe with a slightly bigger nose lol .. my DD has her dad's button nose, whereas hubby and i have bigger noses!

PS, we are both quite tall and my dd is tall too for her age so i imagine he/she will be tall too. Although hubby didnt shoot up until he was 15/16 so baby may not be tall to start with xx

My OH is 6'4 with dark hair and greeny blue eyes
Im 5'7 and have wavy blond/brown hair, quite fair skin (I was very blonde as a kid) with dark blue eyes

So I think there's a good chance of baby being darkish haired with blue eyes and being quite tall when he/she grows up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->