what would happen if my iron levels are still low and i go into labour??

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
so im on b12 injections, folic acid and 3 iron tablets a day been on these for around 3 weeks now but im still exhausted and ill :( my iron levels were 8,3, and wernt going up due to vit b12 deficency, well im 38 weeks tmorow and will be having a blood test thursday to see if they have gone up, anyone know what will happen if they havnt gone up much? bit worried now as i thought id feel better but still feeling terrible and in my first pregnancy had to have 3 iron drips:nope: plz reply x

I'm not sure. But try eating/Drinking something citrusy when you take your iron pill, it increases the absorption. Avoid dairy when you take it for like an Hour and also don't take it at the same time as your prenatal, those will decrease the absorption. I did that for a month and my iron went from 10.7 - 12.8

My levels are 9.9 ive been given Ferrous sulfate tabs and have also bought something called spatone,You can get it in chemists,look up the reviews.

was on spa tone but wasnt budging my levels im also on ferrous sulphate and dont feel any different at all:( still exhausted, breathless, dizzy:/

Try ferrous gluconate or another version of iron. Also avoid having tea, coffee, other 'dark' caffeinated drinks, or calcium contains foods anytime close to when you have the iron tablets, leave 4-6 hours if possible. It used to be thought that very low iron puts you at high risk of haemorrhage when it doesn't but any degree of blood loss can of course make your iron levels worse xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->