What would you do if....

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
(I should post this in baby club but want a general opinion from everyone)

...You had a 5.5 month old baby who, for the past week, had a nasty cough which mostly kicked off in the evenings and night times. You also have a HV appointment on Wednesday so she will 100% be seen then. The cough was very rough, showed signs that it was painful, sounded like she was an old man who had been smoking half his life, sounded kind of 'barking'. She has also had a tiny bit of wheezing sound after shes coughed, its only happened I would say 4-5 times. Would you

A) Go to A&E as it seems to be getting worse
B) Wait until the morning and book an early doctors appointment
C) Wait until wednesday when you already have an appointment
D) Other ? (please state)

Thank you, my poor baby! Cough sounds like this (this isn't her, just an example)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oilN1l3QhU4

C.

Sounds like how I used to get because of my asthma. As long as it's JUST a cough and no other symptoms of anything else then I would hang on until the HV apointment.

If she's making a sound like she's 'barking' it could be croup https://www.babycenter.com/0_croup_1615.bc

I would call NHS direct,say you think baby has croup and see what they advise
Keep us updated :hugs:

Actually she has been wheezing, only has done a few times though. I'll add it up top x

Or if your doctors is still open you could try and give them a call first :hugs:

Hv can't perscribe medication I don't think? If you can get into one of the nhs weekend surgerys tomorrow I'd do that. My LO is on 2nd lot of antibiotics.

D.

I'd call the doctor first and describe what your LO has and see if he would think it's necessary for her to go in to be seen. Wednesday isn't too far away, but if it's an infection of some sort than she'll need medicine so it'd be better to go asap. Ultimately it's up to you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->