what would you do? kinda long but need advice

sarah1726

ღ LTTTC ღ
Reaction score
Ok, so I bought an Iphone 3gs off my dad a few weeks back, I paid €70 for it, I liked it but i couldnt get images through bluetooth and i couldnt send picture messages. So I decided to go back to my HTC as it was a million times better IMO.

fast forward to today, my friend M**** told me her BIL would buy it off me for the same price I had paid for it, €70, which was fine, I wasnt looking to make a profit on it, I just wanted the money I had paid, but he wanted to hang onto it for the night to make sure it was working and whatever :thumbup: I had no problem with that because she is my best friend and I trusted her

So she came by at about 5pm and took the phone and charger and at 10pm, she called me saying "erm yeah, the phone isnt working" :saywhat: I asked her to look at the phone in front of me before she left my house so she could see herself it was working and she had told me it was fine and that she believed me (big mistake on my part :nope: )

she told me there is a crack at the top of the case and had the nerve to ask me if I had done that :shock: the phone was working fine.

Anyway, she had told me she would pay me the €70 and give me back the phone as her BIL is saying he didnt break it :cry: she shouldnt have to pay me back the money, he broke it not her :grr:

So now im out of a phone, and she said she would pay me for it but i want her BIL to pay up and not her because I know she doesnt have it :nope:

and now Im also wondering if she or her OH could have broken it as they have both offered to pay me for the phone even though they didnt break it...But who offers to pay for a phone they didnt break?? :wacko:

I dont know what to do or say to her tomorrow when i see her, Im mad at her too for it because the phone was her responsibility! she offered to find a buyer for it, she refused to check the phone was working in front of me when i asked her, and its her BIL, I dont even know him!

Any advice? and sorry its so long girls thank you for reading :hugs: xxx

I don't really have much advice but if they're offering to pay for it I would just let them. Maybe it was an accident or whatever but even if it was they should be honest about it :/ Or they might just be offering it as they know you wouldn't give it to them broken and they know the BIL did something and just want to keep the peace? I probably wouldn't say anything about it and see if they bring it up and what she says and then just play it by here x

thank you hun, Yes I guess your right :flow: just annoyed at the fact they thought I gave them a broken phone, AND that she is supposed to be my "friend" :nope: friends dont do that!

But she got the phone back this morning and they can see he was on the internet and made calls on it, so they know he used it before it broke :thumbup: but now because her OH said he would give me the money he isnt talking to me? :wacko:

anyway. thanks again hun for responding to me :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->