What would you do? (tmi)

Gingerspice

Reaction score
Last week I had a stomach bug. I was sick for 12 hours and had loose bm. Things soon settled down but before this bug I had really solid bm, often constipated. Since they've been loose, and yesterday and today they have been really really loose, like uncontrollable liquid. Everything is passing straight through.

I figured i'd just eaten something to upset me to cause it yesterday but because it's still going this morning i'm starting to get worried. I have a normal checkup with midwife in a few hours time. I could eat yesterday and although felt nauseous wasn't being sick so i don't think it's a bug.

I'm uncertain how best to treat. Should I continue eating and hope it settles down or just avoid food so as not to agrevate the gut. Should I call midwife earlier than appoiappointment to ask, or just go to the appointment. Maybe I just need some prebiotic stuff etc to re balance things.

I'm currently drinking a hot lemon water as figure that might help rebalanced things and baby seems to be moving lots still so that's possibly a good sign.

I have HG, always been told its vital i stay hydrated & food can wait.

Your mw will be able to check your wee for ketones, keep food as basic as possible till your tummy feels better.

I'm not being sick though, just going straight through. Rather awkward with school runs etc and fearing you might poop yourself when walking to and from school :$

Anyway, seen MW and she said to just ride it out. Probably inflamed gut from last weeks bug just finally passing through system and to try pre biotic etc (and drinking lots) and hope it settles down.

Baby seems fine. Heartbeat good and lots of movement so she said to just press on.

Alternatively she said it could be sign of labour on its way, which she said isn't uncommon for body to keep emptying itself. She didn't even seem too fussed that i'm only 36 weeks either!

I'm not being sick though, just going straight through. Rather awkward with school runs etc and fearing you might poop yourself when walking to and from school :$

Anyway, seen MW and she said to just ride it out. Probably inflamed gut from last weeks bug just finally passing through system and to try pre biotic etc (and drinking lots) and hope it settles down.

Baby seems fine. Heartbeat good and lots of movement so she said to just press on.

Alternatively she said it could be sign of labour on its way, which she said isn't uncommon for body to keep emptying itself. She didn't even seem too fussed that i'm only 36 weeks either!

You can get dehydrated just as quick through watery stools. Why keeping fluids up is important and keeping food to plain biscuits/toast.

Yes it can be a clear out, this can happen as much as a week before early labour kicks in. Hope you feel better soon.

The acid in the lemon might be making the diarrhea worse, not to mention its a natural diuretic, so might be dehydrating u. I would try to stick with maybe hot honey water, or even weak tea. Or, if u drink Gatorade , some of that.

Thanks,I found the lemon helps for me to re cleanse the system.

That and I restarted the activia yoghurt. No diarreah overnight so hoping it's just slowing getting into balance again. I'd rather have the constipation than complete liquid!

Also been told to get back on the iron as my bloods were still low so they might block things up again!

I had a stomach bug in my 1st tri, my auntie who is a gp said eat soft food, like yoghurt, eat little and often, but be more concerned with fluids as you will be ok a few days without much food.

Didn't have BM until this am so i don't think it's uncontrollable now.

It's still very loose though so i think it must be hormone change related to make it this way maybe.

I've been having very similar problems. there is something my body is not tolerating right, but I'm not sure what it is. First I thought I got food poisoning because i had severe diarrhea and vomiting for 12 hours and then continous loose stools. now back to normal but it still seems weird. my doctor tested for listeria but hasnt got back to me its been a week so I think its negative afterall.

I've had a bad bug and it took my body along time to go back to normal. I'd drink water, little and often and also eat things like toast and bananas. Bananas are great things to eat while ill

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->