what would you do?? *UPDATE!*

AMAS86

Pregnant with #4!
Reaction score
35 weeks today
So I woke up this morning with my back hurting and intestinal pain that ended with poops (sorry for the tmi) . After a few hours that subsided so I start my daily cleaning, then contractions started. In between these contractions baby girl will go crazy in there. I'm sure they are contractions instead of movements. My back is KILLING me. I started timing these pains and they are from 5-10 in between. I drink water constantly so I'm sure I'm not dehydrated. I don't know what to do though. My hospital is an hour away and I'm almost 100% positive that this isn't real labor. I'm not even sure what I'm asking lol. I just know these HURT and I need them to stop. My OB will stop labor unless it's after 37 weeks and I really don't want to drive that far un less iit's the real deal. What would you do?

I would get off your feet for an hour and see if they subside and if they don't I'd phone the hospital and see what they say.

I've been off my feet since they've started. They are more intense when sitting so I'm going to take a warm bath and see if they will stop. This back pain is killer. I don't remember dealing with this the other times.

I have similar issues , I'm having tiny contractions right on top of each other , it's excruciating at times, I'm sooooo miserable, L&D suggested a warm bath, tylonal, rest, lots of water and eat regularly .....they said to come back if they are timed regular or spotting/leaking.....the pain I guess is what to expect right now..... I'm hoping they will just turn into real ones already ..... I'm also an he away from hospital, that's why I went in this morning, I didn't want to chance it, the pain is what alarmed me..... They said its early labor and it could turn into real labor any time , now or later , whatever ur body and baby is ready for :/ unfortunately there's no telling

Sooo with that being said , If your timing is regular I'd go in once ur counting 6/7 min apart considering ur drive

I ended up going in. Got a shot to stop them and she said I was 4 cm on the outside and 1 on the inside. What the hell does that even mean? This OB I seen wasn't mine, she was on call and I did not like her attitude.

How frustrating!! I was told the same thing today, "ur dilated on the outside but not on the inside" ok soooooo that meanssss what?! I can't believe they stop them if ur already at a 4 .... Where do you live again?

Think of ur cervix as a long tube. The end closest to the outside has started dilating, but the end closest to ur uterus is still closed. Does that make sense?

Makes sense. Now if I knew what and when will happen next LOL. ..
I live in the South, US. It is VERY frustrating! I see my OB in the morning though so maybe I'll have some answers!

The waiting game....I'm from MI...you'd think they'd have the same rules everywhere ... It's 4:45am here, I've been wide awake for the past 2.5 hrs with a sudden burst of energy... Wondering if this is that "energy" you get before labor or just another routine case of insomnia... Usually when I'm up all night it's not from being wide awake , it's from miseries lol.... Good luck at your apt tomorrow! Keep us posted.....

I was up all night, with pains in my pelvis and back lol. I finally just got up and picked up the 57488273 toys that was left in my living room last night. I'm so excited for my appt lol. Ive never been induced before but I'm going to beg her not to let me go over my due date ha. My OB is so sweet. She's been my gyno since I was 14 and delivered all my babies. She calls me her daughter. I can't wait to graduate college so I can go work with her. Have yall been getting a lot of snow? It's been in the 60s here the past few days and it's suppose to drop back down tomorrow :( I can't stand the cold! It messes up my couponing because I want to stay in LOL

Lol heck yes we have massive amounts of snow! :( I'm not a winter person.... How I handle living here I do not know.... Sure snow is great for Xmas, and that's about it! It's just a mess out on the roads! We are avg temps in 20-30s this wk..... That should help you feel warmer! Good luck at your dr apt! I was induced both times.... First time around I wasn't dilated at all and 50% effaced.... I had horrendous back labor and it took 25 hrs til I had him from the time they started, I pushed for 3 hrs and they needed to pull him out with forceps, it was ugly!!! Second time I was set up for induction but already contracting on my own, went in at a 4 and 90% effaced, had him 3 hrs after pitocin started.... Pushed about 15 min..... I think induction is only a pleasant help If your body is already working.... If not, I'd highly recommend staying away unless it's your last resort ! This time I am refusing induction unless I'm already progressed pretty far like last time or I'm way overdue!
Woohoo for finishing college! Are you going to school to be a midwife/ob?!

Ugh I can't stand the cold! Or the snow!
Wow, see that's one of the reasons I fear inductions. Plus I like the surprise of labor lol.
I'm going to be her medical assistant then going back to college to become a l&d nurse for her :)

I'm 1 cm dilated and soft, a little effaced. Baby is heads down. She wants to help me along on the 18th if I'm still pregnant. I'm guessing she meant a sweep. I go back next Thursday for an u/s :)

I think you guys are right about inductions. I was favorable for mine so it went perfect. But I'll definitely refuse this time if I'm not favorable. Still have a ways to go though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->