What would you do?

candyem

Reaction score
My little boy weighs the same as he did in November. He had had a few colds, a chest infection ad ear infection resulting in him going off food and milk. He has been losing and gaining a small amount of weight since then.

I took him to be weighed two weeks ago, after recovering from an ear infection, and he had lost again. The HV was a little concerned as it isn't the first time he had lost weight and asked me to take him the following week so they could check he had at least maintained it and wrote in his book that I would take him.

Last week he had impetigo which is really contagious so as it is a weigh and play group and usually fairly busy I didn't take him.

I was going to take him today but he was up a few times in the night coughing and seems to have another cold with a fairly runny nose.

I'm not sure whether to take him just to be weighed to check he is ok but not stay and play or to leave it for another week as he isn't 100%.

I can't decide! Thanks for any advice :)

I would just take him to be weighed but not stay and play. Have you mentioned to your HV he has been ill a fair bit which is why he hasn't been gaining weight as he would of done?

I agree with the others, it's best to have him weighed just to be on the safe side. In my experience I've just made LO a drs appointment to check that he's ok, my HV is good but very non-committal with advice and 'concerns' about sleep, weight gain and, more recently, his fontanelle. If LO is ill quite frequently then it could be linked to his weight, rather than causing the loss. I'd be worried that the HV would think I was hiding something if I didn't go when they had requested that I did. Hope your LO is better soon x

Thanks ladies! I wanted to take him, just didn't want to spread his germs but will take him just to be weighed and not hang around so at least I can check he is doing ok.

We spoke for quite a while last time about his recurrent illnesses. He didn't get his first cold until around five months but since then it has quite literally been one thing after another. I'm a teacher, so the HV thinks I bring things home with me :(

So long as the HV is aware (and obviously is) so she can take precautions re infection control, you're definitely best to go and get him weighed. So worrying when a LO is not well :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->