What would you do?

They mentioned it to us when we registered Darcey! I'd never heard of it before, she gave me the forms then and said to fill them in and do it after the wedding!
I said to my Mum about it and she said she'd never heard of it before, is it a new thing or is it something that's always been around, no one seems to know about it!!

They told us when we registered his birth that we would have to change my name on the birth certificate if we married and I change my name.

Lauren its been about since the 50's. Its to make your child legitamate and all that jaz. Not that it matters in this day and age but back when it was made being illegitimate was a big thing.

We just got given some forms for the girls when we were sorting the wedding out so when were married I just fill them out and send them away and done!

I would have the smaller and do a renewal at some point.

I had no idea about the re-registering thing, we've been married for nearly eight and a half years and I've not done my little boy who was born before. Ooops.

I will never have the same surname as my son and I HATE that but I know that I will have the same surname as my daughter so it doesn't bother me having to wait for it xx

I hate having a different surname to my lo aswell. We are getting married in just under 5 months and lo will be 9.5 months. As for your situation what do you feel most strongly about? Having the same name now or having a proper wedding rather than your dream day being a vow renewal? I think if I was in your situation I would go with a registry ceremony now and a renewal of the vows for your big day. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->