Whatcha cooking???

iwantabub

Reaction score
Hi ladies ... Thought I'd start a thread as there's so many different cultures on here and it would be interesting to see what u ladies get up to in the kitchen :)

I made lamb shanks in the slow cooker today (lazy lol as I'm having a baby in 36 hours lol)

But yummmmo
With some mash potatoes

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/91drac51/null-7.jpg

So what u ladies havin for dinner or what have u cooked lately?

:)

Looks good! Ive been busy in the kitchen over the past couple of days batch cooking for the freezer ready fo baby's arrival... I've made 4 family sized shepherds pies, loads of tomato and veg pasta sauce and about 5 meals worth of bolognese to go with spaghetti so far. Still got to make enchiladas, fish pies and chicken and mushroom pies.

Ive got foil food containers for portioning the meals and freezing them and I've been writing cooking instructions on the lids so they can go straight into the oven when we lack time to cook. I did it when I was pregnant with my daughter too and it was a godsend xx

they look delicious :)
today as its sunday its usually a traditional roast dinner... choice of meat, roast potatoes, vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and gravy..
but the rare bit of sun in England making an appearance means a friend is having a BBQ so we shall be feasting on all sorts of barbecue food today lol xx

My hubby is English and looooovvvveeesssss roast dinners and shepherds pies and Yorkshire puddings :)
I think I should send him back over and he can have dinner with u ladies haha

Cookin and freezing meals is a great idea!!!
I don't have enough room in my freezer at the moment tho :(

Do you defrost the bolognese before warming up?
I not a big chef, but this I could do, just wondered on the process?

Looks good! Ive been busy in the kitchen over the past couple of days batch cooking for the freezer ready fo baby's arrival... I've made 4 family sized shepherds pies, loads of tomato and veg pasta sauce and about 5 meals worth of bolognese to go with spaghetti so far. Still got to make enchiladas, fish pies and chicken and mushroom pies.

Ive got foil food containers for portioning the meals and freezing them and I've been writing cooking instructions on the lids so they can go straight into the oven when we lack time to cook. I did it when I was pregnant with my daughter too and it was a godsend xx

Looks yum!

Roast dinner in the pub garden today with a nice alcohol free Kopaburg Cider! As the pp said the suns out in the UK :)

I'm part Malaysian so like to cook a lot of noodles or rice dishes with seafood. When the suns out I love making a seafood noodle soup to have cold for lunch. Otherwise I'd happily live on pasta or lasagne everyday! Can't at the moment though due to having GD though!

Do you defrost the bolognese before warming up?
I not a big chef, but this I could do, just wondered on the process?

It doesn't really matter either way. If I'm organised I get it out of the freezer in the morning and let it defrost, otherwise I just pop it in a saucepan from frozen and start it off on a loeer heat whilst it thaws and then put the heat up to make sure its hot enough. I pack it full of mushrooms, peppers, courgette and onions etc so that it makes more and is nice and healthy xx

I just moved house on Friday so we have very little in and last night was our first cooked meal. DH made me giant mushrooms stuffed with spinach, garlic and feta cheese and a salad with balsamic vinegar salad dressing and a bit of garlic ciabatta bread (he and DS1 had vegetable kebabs rather than mushrooms). DH is now doing DIY at the old house so lunch for me was a sandwich and some pickled onions. Can you tell which one of us does the most cooking? :haha:

Ooooh batch cooking was a godsend last time im def planning on doing it again!
I've got a list of...
Lasagne
Spag bol
Chilli
Shepherds pie
Beef caserole

But i need more! Anyone got more ideas??
Xx

My sister is cooking some meals for me to freeze. Im looking forward to the fish pie. Hope she uses salmon!

My hubby is just cooking a roast. Lovely bit of brisket cooking low and slow.

Mmm the lamb shanks look delish!

Tonight we are going to be having gammon steaks with pineapple, cheesy mash and vegetables. When I can be bothered getting off my backside and cooking it :haha:

We are having lamb steaks with mashed potato, couscous and a salad (cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, peppers, celery). Yum :). I am also sipping alcohol free sparkling white wine. Also have a bottle of alcohol free white and alcohol free rosé in the fridge which I have not tried yet :)

Hello ladies can I chime in here from 2nd tri? I have a recipe for potatoe soup that makes a big batch so you can freeze leftovers for later. IMO this stuff is AMAZING and soo easy in the slow cooker! Ill post the recipe web link but all I do differently is use a couple more taters, I use only chicken broth no water, I half the white pepper and double the dill, and put a pinch of garlic in. Also dont put the bacon in with the soup cook it during the last half hour and use as a garnish it comes out way better that way as bacon is crisp not mushy. Toast up some French bread with it and yummmmmmy

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Creamy-Potato-Soup/Detail.aspx

I'm doing marinated tofu & roasted vegetable skewers with garlicky rice x

I just made a chocolate cake :)
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/ducksdontquack/50E8BBFB-3854-4710-AB27-B8C27513AC0A-9201-00000A5D22535203.jpg

Made the most of the sun yesterday and had a bbq. Tonight it's chicken, bacon and chorizo salad, and I'm making up a huge batch of asparagus soup :) those lamb shanks look lovely!! x

I love to cook so try to make most things from scratch. The other day I made chicken breast stuffed with garlic & herb cream cheese & wrapped in Parma ham served with ratatouille. Any left over ratatouille can be blended into a soup & it's delicious. Tonight we being lazy & making enchiladas :)

That's one heck of a chocolate cake Lexi....I'm dribbling!!!! :cake:
I'll keep picturing that cake all day now!!

Sorry!! Keeps the oh happy when he gets in from work!! x

Chocolate cake recipe:
225g plain flour
350g caster sugar
85g cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs
250ml milk
125ml vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
250ml boiling water

Icing:
200g plain chocolate
200ml double cream

1) preheat oven to 180c/gas mark 4. Grease and line two 20cm sandwich tins.

2) place all ingredients except boiling water into mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and combined.

3) add boiling water a little at a time until smooth (cake mix will now be v.liquidy!!)

4) split evenly between cake tins. Bake for 25-35mins (top firm/skewer comes out clean)

5) remove from oven, allow to cool completely in tins before icing.

Icing:

6) heat chocolate and cream in a pan over a low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Whisk until smooth and thickened. Leave to cool for 1-2 hours until thick enough to spread (try not to eat it)

7) remove cakes from tins. Spread icing over one cake, then top with the other cake (the leaning in my pic isn't compulsory!). Put onto a plate, then cover all over with icing.

8) EAT CAKE!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"