What's a healthy weight in pregnancy?

I think you can put on about 2 stone by the end of pregnancy (about 12 kilos) so i suppose you just add that on what a healthy weight would be for your height.

For example a healthy weight for my height which is 5' 4" is between 8 to 10 stone- i wight about 8 stone so will be near 10 stone by the of a pregnancy.

^^ wss :thumbup::thumbup:

a gain of 2 - 2 1/2 stones is classed as normal if you have a healthy BMI to start with

x

2 stone is about normal, but obviously everyone is different, try to eat as best you can for health reasons more than anything though.

Actually you need to gain 12kgs of weight during your pregnancy(its normal).

you can eat well up to first six months after that u need to reduce it slowly, so that the baby will not put on more weight(will maintain its correct weight) and u will not get any delicacy during pregnancy.

Actually you need to gain 12kgs of weight during your pregnancy(its normal).

you can eat well up to first six months after that u need to reduce it slowly, so that the baby will not put on more weight(will maintain its correct weight) and u will not get any delicacy during pregnancy.

err, not quite true... you don't need to gain a certain amount of weight

and

you weight will increase due to the weight of the baby, the enlarged womb and placenta, increased blood in the body, breasts getting bigger and most women do tend to gain some fat (to ensure nutrients for breast feeding)

you eat normally up to the second trimester, then increase your calorie intake as the baby does gain weight in the last few week (it gains fat!)
so opposite to the above!!
:hug:
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe