What's a healthy weight to aim for?

R_x

Reaction score
As the title say. Not sure what my target weight should be :flower:

It depends on your height and build really. I work out my BMI and aim for somewhere in the middle of it.

Work out your BMI and ideal weight here: https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.html

A health BMI is between 18 and 24. I'm currently 31 :shock: it says my ideal weight, according to my height would be 111-150lbs. So I'd aim for somewhere in the middle, so around 130lbs? I know I look gaunt below 140lbs though (I have a lot of weight in my boobs lol, so I look a bit skinny on the same weight small-booked girls look healthy), so I would probably stick to the higher end of my scale.

I've set my goal by 125lb (I'm only 5ft so I can go quite low) but I'm aiming for about 135lb and see how I feel when I get there. I have a lot to lose yet so still not sure how I'll feel by the time I do get there.

Years ago my mum lost a lot of weight and got down to like 8st something. She said she felt unhealthy and thin, and when she looked at pictures of herself she didn't look right and hated it.

I think you just got to get down to what makes you feel comfortable.

Don't set your goal too high if you have a fair bit to lose. I needed to lose at least 4 stone so I set mini goals all the way (combo of weights and jean size down) that kept me going although when I started working out I soon realised the tape measure was a little more important than the scales... the scales went down slower but the inches came off.

I agree, set manageable mini-goals to keep you focused. I had around 40lbs to lose, but divided it into goals - first to lose 1st before our 5th anniversary in July, then to lose snother stone before my 30th in August. Then just to get to goal weight before Christmas. I'll probably set more mini-goals after my birthday because 4 months is a long time to stay focused without some hope of reward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->