what's all this about Tories taking away maternity support???

Oh dear, true headsche! Maybe we should take over the world! he he!

Well our overall interest in politics has been low. However I'm given to understand that this is partly a symptom of good times and people don't vote when they're not unhappy. We've got some colourful parties too but possible not so much as some of the European countries. I just heard on the news that the BNP are getting prosecuted for contravening the Race Relations Act as their policy says only caucasians. If you don't already know you'll be able to guess that these are our resident racist thugs pretending to be politicians. Sadly they got an MEP in this time around.

Yea I just yesterday read the Wiki article about the BNP and it is sickening(and they got 5 % in London o_O). Just need a look in their european affiliates to know what theyre about.

Yea I just yesterday read the Wiki article about the BNP and it is sickening(and they got 5 % in London o_O). Just need a look in their european affiliates to know what theyre about.

It's really frightening. I see this steady right wing creep across Europe and know that fascism is not far behind it. I can't believe people are already forgetting what happen in the run up to the war.

I haven't researched enough into it to decide where my vote is going. All I know is I despise Labour and what they have done to the Armed Forces, as do most people who are in the Armed Forces it seems.

I'd like to be left in a room with Gordon Brown and tell him exactly what I think of how he is detroying what we have. Especially now he's decided to cut our funding further, and cut our training. So those 500 troops he promised to Afghanistan? Oh, we won't have enough money to train them properly and we probably won't send them at all as he's refusing to send them until Allied countries send some of their own troops in too. :hissy:

You can't find anything in the newspaper to say the Tories are right wing?

They're hardly going to advertise how crap they will be for us on their website, they're trying to win votes. Almost all the press is right wing now too so you won't get the truth in most papers. You only have to look at what they for the 18 years they were in power last time.

The child tax credits stuff must be on their site somewhere as it was put forward at the party conference. Family earnings over £50k will not get any benefits.

Familys earning over £50k only get £545 max a year anyway so its not like its a huge blow.

You can't find anything in the newspaper to say the Tories are right wing?

They're hardly going to advertise how crap they will be for us on their website, they're trying to win votes. Almost all the press is right wing now too so you won't get the truth in most papers. You only have to look at what they for the 18 years they were in power last time.

The child tax credits stuff must be on their site somewhere as it was put forward at the party conference. Family earnings over £50k will not get any benefits.

Familys earning over £50k only get £545 max a year anyway so its not like its a huge blow.

It's the principle that is important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"