Whats cheaper?

Weekly by far. I can plan a week's worth of meals for OH and I for $50. There are times where we will go and get the items for one meal at the store without planning and spend $50..for one meal!

Consider gas money, transportation fees, etc into the budget. It costs more to travel back and forth everyday as well.

Monthly! We do a massive shop, take advantage of all the offers and bulk buy, then just buy fresh stuff as and when needed! We spend loads less than when we shopped weekly!

I also buy most of our fruit and veg from the market in town rather than the supermarket because it's loads cheaper - especially if you go in the afternoon when they're selling stuff off to get rid!

weekly by far although sometimes if i just fancy something or need a few bits i'll pop in throughout the week.

Monthly! We do a massive shop, take advantage of all the offers and bulk buy, then just buy fresh stuff as and when needed! We spend loads less than when we shopped weekly!

same!

I find weekly cheaper.

If I go daily I end up picking up loads each day that I don't really need.

If I go monthly I end up missing things and popping to the shops again and again anyway.

Do you plan your meals for the whole month? And do you shop online or instore? Would u buy frozen veg and just buy things like potatoes as and when and fruit? And things like mushrooms for spaghetti bol?

I love planning and writing lists so monthly sounds like my kinda thing :haha:

I don't really plan meals, just make sure I have lots of different ingredients in. We get the mahoosive sacks of spuds which usually lasts us a month. I get most of my fruit and veg weekly from the local market because it's much cheaper than the supermarket (e.g morrisons had a special offer on half a melon for £1 - the market stall sells a whole one for 80p!).

I love b&m for buying jars of sauces too - about 69-99p per jar and so much variety, we stock up on loads of those too. I go to the gym so use them as quick meals when I get home.

But things that last like tins, crisps, biscuits etc we go with whatever is on offer and stock up enough for the month then buy fresh/perishable stuff as and when needed.

For the 3 of us we spend about £130 a month on our big shop then odd bits here and there as needed for the rest of the month. I hate food shopping so much prefer to do it this way, I don't mind popping in for a couple of bits in the week if needed.

bi-monthly (2x a month) - we really only go to the store in between those times for things like milk, coffee creamer, or fresh veggies if we need them.

monthly, i do a big shop monthly. then just get extras like bread etc as and when.

I shop once a month now at the supermarket. Get all the stuff that keeps in bulk for the month then get fresh stuff as and when we need it from greengrocers and get meat once a fortnight from butchers and freeze it. Prob spend about £180 a month for 2 adults including all cleaning supplies, little extras, alcohol etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->