whats going on with banks arghhh!

Mummy2onexx

Reaction score
Well wake up this morning to find my OH hasn't been payed, rents gone out so were now overdrawn and we've got our hen/stag do's tommorow arghhhhhh! My best friends OH also works at the same place he hasn't been payed either along with the rest of the people there!!

Nat west?
They are having a lot of problems atm, apparently it should be sorted really soon (I just got a text, and checked online)

My OH hasn't been paid either. Our lo will be 1 tomorrow so it's a good job we have bought everything already. So annoying though :growlmad:

Mine and OH's banks are the same only mine came up that my whole bank balance was £0.00 and I was worrying someone had taken everything!! Luckily they assured me nothing had come out it was just a 'balance mistake' and they were sorting it out. It was the right balance today but there's still been nothing paid in or the things I should have had paid out gone out.x

Yeah - NatWest are having major problems at the moment. It's so hard when things like that happen. I have a NatWest account but thankfully it's not one that has a lot of in/out goings so we're ok.

It's just Natwest as far as I know. They've had a system failure but you will get all your money back

Other banks are being affected as well I think. When customers at work try to pay with halifax, HSBC, natwest or RBS cards they get declined, even when people are adamant they have money in there. It's such a pain!

worst thing is were with lloyds not natwest but the company my OH works for use natwest!! :mad:

Aww no! just mine and a friends is fixed, sorry :(

Well i haven't been paid today, won't get paid tomorrow as its sunday so will be at least monday now before i get paid :( This sucks i literally have £30 for petrol and food for however long it takes to get this sorted.

The banks are opening tomorrow to try and fix it,you might be lucky :hugs:

We're with natwest and haven't been paid our ctc. I haven't tried but will the bank not let you take out money if you go in and see them in person? x

some branches are allowing withdrawals to be made if you can provide evidence of the regular payments you receive, its all a big game of trust for them really, but it is discretionary so it all depends on your individual branch

any charges incurred will be refunded, eventually

I know it was a big mistake and they have apologised but tbh it's not good enough. If my mil hadn't have given us money yesterday we would be living on nothin until they sorted it. It's my money and I have a right to access I when I want. I want to buy something online but I cant. My car insurance is due out Monday what's going to happen then? A black mark on my credit file,a £12 charge and a lovely letter from my car insurance company.

^^^it doesn't affect me since I'm with lloyds but I said the exact same thing when me and oh were talking about this. I think everyone affected should have more than just an apology, maybe some form of compensation for the inconvienience and disruption that's been caused of something.

I know it was a big mistake and they have apologised but tbh it's not good enough. If my mil hadn't have given us money yesterday we would be living on nothin until they sorted it. It's my money and I have a right to access I when I want. I want to buy something online but I cant. My car insurance is due out Monday what's going to happen then? A black mark on my credit file,a £12 charge and a lovely letter from my car insurance company.

it wont affect your credit file at all, and the charges will be refunded. your insurance co will more than likely write to you saying it was missed and that they will either be applying for it withing the next 7 days, or they will take a double dunt next month

Its still not nice to miss a payment,And all charges will eventually be refunded just more hassle trying to get the money back which in normal circumstances I wouldnt have incurred a charge. It's just one big mess,I feel really sorry for the people working in the banks and on the phones taking the brunt of this. I wouldn't dream of kicking up a fuss with them but I am really annoyed that this happened wether it could have been prevented or not

Oh i am totally with you i didn't mean to sound that i was siding with the banks at all and sorry if it came across that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->