Whats happening ?? Night times all of a sudden going wrong !!

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
SO dont get me wrong...we havent a routine or bedtime yet ....but....

Miller has always been great through the night. WE co sleep and breast feed.

He doesnt usually wake up...he just stirs when hes ready for a feed which has been anything from between 3-6 hrs........BRILL !

But....for the last 2 nights he is stirring every bloomin hour to hour and a half !!

Whats going off ??

Also...he has been a bitstrange during the day....whining for about an hour which leads to screaming followed by sleep ??

hes still on infacol for colic.....but i dont think this is his tummy

Any ideas ???

Sounds like the 4 month sleep regression might have come late to me. Is he actually feeding at night or just suckling? Oliver started like this 3 weeks ago, too distracted in the day to feed properly, very fussy, whining a lot, then having trouble going down at night and waking up 6-10 times to feed in the night. It's been a nightmare!

It's a huge developmental spurt they go through... Oliver has learned a lot of new skills and is so busy practising them all day his feeds are very short and he gets really distracted! xx

sorry girls...i'm gonna keep bumping x

Thanks xemmax as usual you sound spot on !!

It does jusr feel like he's suckling at night rather than feeding.

hes has also just in the last few days/weeks started to roll.....grab things /.....putting his dummy in and out........so i reckon you could be right xx

Eh? Gona keep bumping? Lol wat does that mean?

My lo was a great sleeper she used to sleep for about 10 hrs at a time n within the last few weeks has been wakin up every couple of hrs for a feed...

How long does sleep regression last?

my wee one is the same age and started that sort of thing a couple weeks ago...last night was the first night he was back to normal!!!There is a big growth spurt just now and I noticed him doing all the new things like grabing and pulling dummy in and out!So think they are unsettled with all the hormonal changes!!!Hopefully he settles down again soon!xx

Eh? Gona keep bumping? Lol wat does that mean?

My lo was a great sleeper she used to sleep for about 10 hrs at a time n within the last few weeks has been wakin up every couple of hrs for a feed...

How long does sleep regression last?

bumping is answering your own post to keep it from dropping to the bottom of the posts

no idea how long it lasts but hoping not long !

loramac...thats exactly what miller has been doing x

oliver has been exactly the same, started to roll, grab things, and a lot of little things which i never realised were part of the spurt until i read about it in a great book. for example he's started to fake things, when he coughs i say "oh dear!" and he looks at me, smiles and (fake) coughs again. he is also sticking his tongue out all of the time and pouting and gurning (oddly) and it's all because during this time they gain control of their mouth muscles, which is why they want to stick everything in there also! he has also started to bob his head around and apparently they can revert back to newborn head control at this time, though i forget why.

i read all of this in an amazing book i have, i highly recommend it. it's called 'the wonder weeks' and it covers all of the spurts in the first year i think. i never realised until i read it this time how much of his behaviour could be attributed to the spurt, it explains everything so well!

in regards to how long a sleep regression lasts it can be anywhere from days if you're very lucky to 5 weeks, perhaps longer occasionally. the problem is there is also a regression at 6 and 9 months so if you're really unlucky they could run into one another.

i don't want to count my chickens but the last 2 nights have been a massive improvement, oliver has only woken a couple of times and he's gone back to sleep easily, so fingers crossed it could be nearly over at almost 3 weeks... xx

omg !! i was just saying to my OH that miller keeps fake coughing !!! how strange ! i may get that book ...sounds good !

thsanks again chic x

weird isn't it!!! there's loads of other stuff in there too which i bet miller is doing, couldn't believe how spot on it was when i read it! good luck hun hope it doesn't last too long for you! xx

Kaydon done this a few weeks ago, he was waking up every hour for no reason, he didnt want milk or dummy etc just cried, i was told it was the 4 month regression too, im afraid to say kaydon went on 2 weeks like this :( he learnt how to roll over, find his winky and his feet, started sitting up and got the hand/mouth co-ordination down perfectly so he was learning alot. hopefully it wont last 2 weeks for you, i was so sleep deprived i started doing stupid things like puttin my kettle in the fridge after making a cup of tea lol x

Ha ha ha ...i do stupid stuff like that already !!

Thanks all.....i was starting to think my Milk was dwindling or something !!xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is sounding so similar to Harrison. The last 3 nights he has started to wake up sooo many times in the night, but he is not sleeping alot in the day either.

He is shattered and ready for bed by 6.30pm every night, but is then waking up between 10-11pm when before he would not wake up until around 2am. When he is waking between 10-11 it is not because he is hungry as he stops crying when he is picked up and he even starts laughing at us, but the only way to get him back off to sleep is to pop him on the boob.

I have been really worried as to why he has been doing this and I am shattered because of it.

I thought they needed more sleep to learn more things?

Harrison is 13wks old, so could his have come early?? xxx

This is sounding so similar to Harrison. The last 3 nights he has started to wake up sooo many times in the night, but he is not sleeping alot in the day either.

He is shattered and ready for bed by 6.30pm every night, but is then waking up between 10-11pm when before he would not wake up until around 2am. When he is waking between 10-11 it is not because he is hungry as he stops crying when he is picked up and he even starts laughing at us, but the only way to get him back off to sleep is to pop him on the boob.

I have been really worried as to why he has been doing this and I am shattered because of it.

I thought they needed more sleep to learn more things?

Harrison is 13wks old, so could his have come early?? xxx

I think it's possible, my LO started waking more frequently at night at 13 weeks and he's still doing it a week and a half later! He has learnt quite a few things in that time, he's found his arms and learnt to grab things in front of him and he's also learnt a lot of new noises that he's enjoying practicing.

Thanks khloeee, I can only hope that he gets over it soon. Not sure how I will cope for a possible el or more. These last couple of days he has been really trying to sit up lol and he is squealing alot more too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->